• ...and so much more!
  • Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Well tried out the ultra today on a steel 22/45 with couple spoons of white vinegar and took it down to bare steel in a patch on the barrel. Bummer but it did clean the lower in one piece and it worked real well. I'm thinking where it was resting on the plastic tray in the cleaner.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well tried out the ultra today on a steel 22/45 with couple spoons of white vinegar and took it down to bare steel in a patch on the barrel. Bummer but it did clean the lower in one piece and it worked real well. I'm thinking where it was resting on the plastic tray in the cleaner.

Was anything rubbing on that spot on the barrel?

I have seen them take poorly-applied finishes off metal before... Could have just been a crap blue job from the factory.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Did you oil it afterwards? Because my cleaner takes literally all of the oil out of the metal I run through it. Every time I do the slide on my Sig, I get heart palpatations looking at it because it looks like the finish is ruined until I wipe some oil on the slide, then it goes from a funky light gray to the black color it's supposed to be.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Was anything rubbing on that spot on the barrel?

I have seen them take poorly-applied finishes off metal before... Could have just been a crap blue job from the factory.

I agree with the above possibility. A "couple of spoons of white vinegar" mixed in with an amount of water (16 or 24 oz.?) is NOT going to remove any finish from a gun. Hell, you could drink that mixture and although it might not taste very good, it wouldn't hurt you! :rolleyes: I wouldn't even believe it would even hurt a "crap blue job...").

Top Bottom