• ...and so much more!
  • Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I am thinking about getting one of those ultrasonic cleaners to clean guns without taking them all the way apart. Has anyone had any experience with these type of cleaners?
    Capitol Armory ad

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I have used them on water damaged iPhones and my wife's jewelry--not comparable, I know--and was really impressed. There's one on Amazon for about $30 that has great reviews, and that's what I bought. It wouldn't fit a whole gun, but it'd fit a Glock slide, for example.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I clean cases for reloading and it does an excellent job inside and out in about 4 minutes. I've not used it for gun cleaning although I think it would work just fine. I've got my own formula for my cleaning solution.

ETA: I bought mine from Harbor Freight considerably cheaper than the exact same models the reloading manufacturers sell.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    On 2nd thought buy mine for $50. After only 2 uses, I've learned Glocks never need cleaning ;)

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    On 2nd thought buy mine for $50. After only 2 uses, I've learned Glocks never need cleaning ;)

Especially if you never shoot them.
    Heck, I've had 2 range days you attended.
    I don't think I've seen you shoot a glock.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    It looks like the sky is the limit on cost.

I can understand not shooting them because after 4 or 5 mags you can't hit anything.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Weak sauce Chuck.

Especially if you never shoot them.
    Heck, I've had 2 range days you attended.
    I don't think I've seen you shoot a glock.

I didn't Saturday but I did during the Spring meet. I only shot @ 60rds Saturday, it's a BS session I tell ya.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The cheap Chinese HF models will work, but probably won't last long. I've got a couple of friends who work on higher-quality units like L&R (they do repairs on them because these are commercial grade). They hooked me up with a refurbished L&R. Works great. Weak anodizing and some paints and coatings may come off in the cleaner. It won't take out lead or copper fouling in my experience, though. Otherwise, they do a stellar job of cleaning guns and parts.

I also used mine on some really gunked motorcycle carbs a while back. Half an hour in the cleaner and they looked like I'd soaked them in a fresh bucket of chem dip all day.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I also used mine on some really gunked motorcycle carbs a while back. Half an hour in the cleaner and they looked like I'd soaked them in a fresh bucket of chem dip all day.
    Did you disassemble the carbs first?

Did you use any cleaning agent or just water? If so, what agent?

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    barcode.jpg
    bottom3.jpg

I am thinking about picking up one of these today. Anyone ever use this one?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    I have one that looks exactly like that one (it may be Chicago?). They're all from China. I got mine at Harbor Freight years ago. It works great to clean cases for reloading with a solution of 1/2 water, 1/2 white vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and a couple of drops of dish detergent.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    For the money if it works a few times it will be worth it. Seems like that china crap works pretty good if you don't use it so will keep my fingers crossed. Any recommendations for juice?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    I was surprised mine had one. They all look exactly the same as my Harbor Freight model, be it Hornady, RCBS, etc., but the name brands cost more. I'd bet they are all made in the same little factory in China.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Harbor freight is where this one is coming from. Right down the street from my work and they have 5 of them in stock. I have such a hard time getting the crap out of the little crevices on my 22/45's hope this fixes that. Those can's sure dirty the shit out of those guns.

Top Bottom