• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Who has one? How does a non-regulated PCP perform?
    Looks like a stone killer inside 70 yards. Can you stretch it to 100? How many hogs will jump the string at 450 fps?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    What I find interesting, or maybe even confusing, what part of deer season could a person legally use this in?

It shoots a bolt similar to a crossbow, but would it be classified as archery or a rifle?

Pretty interesting weapon for sure though.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    What I find interesting, or maybe even confusing, what part of deer season could a person legally use this in?

It shoots a bolt similar to a crossbow, but would it be classified as archery or a rifle?

Pretty interesting weapon for sure though.
    Not a new concept. When the state lifted the crossbow from disabled only were did it end up?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    IIRC, crossbow is legal during archery season. How they would classify that I have no idea.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin

Air Guns and Arrow Guns Means and Methods

Definitions:
    • Arrow gun: a device that fires an arrow or bolt solely by the use of unignited compressed gas as the propellant.
    • Air gun: a device that fires a bullet solely by the use of unignited compressed gas as the propellant.
    • Pre-charged pneumatic: an air gun or arrow gun for which the propellant is supplied or introduced by means of a source that is physically separate from the air gun or arrow gun.
    Alligator, game animals, furbearers, squirrels, and non-migratory game birds (except Eastern Turkey) may be hunted with air guns and arrow guns provided:
    • Alligators, bighorn sheep, javelina, mule deer, white-tailed deer, pronghorn, and turkey (exceptEastern Turkey) may be taken only with pre-charged pneumatic arrow guns, or pre-charged pneumatic air guns.
      • Pre-charged pneumatic air guns must fire a projectile of at least 30 caliber in diameter and at least 150 grains in weight with a minimum muzzle velocity of 800 feet per second or any combination of bullet weight and muzzle velocity that produces muzzle energy of at least 215 foot pounds of energy.
    • Squirrels, pheasant, quail, and chachalaca may be hunted with air guns that fire a projectile of at least .177 caliber (4.5mm) in diameter producing a muzzle velocity of at least 600 feet per second.
    • Arrows or bolts used with an arrow gun must conform to the same standards for projectiles for archery.
    • Arrow guns may not be used to hunt deer or turkey during archery season.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    okay.jpeg

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    This thing rocks. Don’t have a compressor but bought an Air Venturi hand pump. Couple hundred strokes gets you to 3k+ PSI. After a few shots, 40 strokes or so gets it back to pressure.

Put the scope on it, dropped a bag target at 30 yards and sighted it in. It’s remarkably loud and very accurate. Played around for an hour or so keeping it aired to just over 3k and got the dope for 20-50 yards.

Put a broadhead tHrough the cartilage plate of an old boar at 45 yards. He ran a ways but the lungs were diced up good.

It’s a novelty item but hella fun. Too loud for stealthy shots, and I imagine you’d have string jumpers much over 50 yards. I’ll put the chrono to it someday but it’s fast. Drives the bolts in up to the fletching.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Whelp, I’ve been conflicted on this. The non-regulated tank means there’s a measurable drop in velocity between shots, but it throws bolts with authority.

I’ve found that sighting it at one pressure and using it for one shot hog hunting is good. I rotate between rifle, handgun, crossbow, and this Air Saber keeps things fresh.

I hit this guy with a broadhead at 40 yards. Ouch.

D7C76D94-675D-4EB3-80BD-A5B05083295B.jpeg

Top Bottom