Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Whatever. You all want to act like tough guys. Probably pissed somebody. I don't care. I came in here and said my peace on the subject. Take it or leave it.

You didn't say shit. You jumped in the thread with your first post defending the man who makes us all look insane, then pop of some juvenile "your a liberal" insults, and act offended when you get called on it.

If I had to guess, I'd say you were somehow involved with Alex......or you are just as out of touch as the libs. Same kool-aid, different flavor.

Go troll somewhere else.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You have something to add about the topic, punk ass?

Obviously, more than you do. I'd explain it to you, but you're obviously incapable of handling words with more than one syllable. Try doing a little research for yourself with an open mind.

Or better yet, give daddy back his computer, and tell him you were a bad boy.

JohnnyLobo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Look Dude. I'm no damn troll. I jumped in this thread with some facts. I didn't know this was an anti-Jones forum. I'm a concerned citizen of San Antonio brother. Yes, the SA city council is denying high rise proposals because of the UN World Heritage designation. Yes, the designation does entail preservation regulations around the sites. Yes, you guys sound overtly comfortable with all this and have chosen to spend your time attacking Jones.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Welcome to the self-proclaimed "I am an idiot" club. There have been long-standing restrictions/controls on buildings around the Alamo enacted by both the city and the state.

Jones? He doesn't even enter my radar......

JohnnyLobo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    And the Alamo is surrounded with plenty of buildings, malls, parking garages, hotels. What's your point. Let some more international restrictions in the mix? You sound like the idiot. Those are state and local, not the issue. This hotel proposal was going to be approved until they were scared off by possibly losing UN status. Why don't you check your facts?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And the Alamo is surrounded with plenty of buildings, malls, parking garages, hotels. What's your point. Let some more international restrictions in the mix? You sound like the idiot. Those are state and local, not the issue. This hotel proposal was going to be approved until they were scared off by possibly losing UN status. Why don't you check your facts?

Alex jones has a way of making ordinary things seem out of the ordinary boer it's are denied every day for many reasons. Yes, the Alamo is surrounded by building, just where is there room for another high rise?

Alex jones will ignore the common sense answer with and reach in to left field for a conclusion that will get him ratings from people who beg to hear more and WANT something to be going on.

If you have facts present them. Who wanted to build the hotel? Where? When was the permit applied for? When was it denied? Was there a reason cited?

Sorry, with a total of 0 facts your story is crap. And no, " a company wanted to build a hotel and got denied" is not fact. If that is all the info you have then you obviously don't fact check anything.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Funny how when a J Lo shows up things get interesting. One for a smokin' ass, the other for a dumb one.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    The problem with Alex Jones, is that there is nothing to be gained by salacious sensationalized reporting. You don't need to make anything up, to demonstrate how extreme the left is...

JohnnyLobo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Are you kidding me? This story about the council was not even reported by Jones. It was a local story.
    Threat seen to missions' chance for U.N. honor - San Antonio Express-News

Now I know I am talking to morons.
    From the Express News:

"In a phone conversation earlier this week, Park Service Director Jon Jarvis informed Mayor Julián Castro and District 1 Councilman Diego Bernal that the proposed hotel and timeshare high-rise could jeopardize the elite designation, said Stephen Morris, chief of the International Affairs Office at the Park Service."

The SA city council later rejected the proposal.

JohnnyLobo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Hey man, I'm the one being called a liar even when I show the SA Express News article. Why are we groveling to the UN? Why we stifling new business projects downtown, ones that could bring more jobs and money to the area? Because the UN doesn't like hotels? It has to do with "buffer zones" and regulations, as specified by UNESCO: UNESCO World Heritage Centre - International Expert meeting on World Heritage and buffer zones

From the UNESCO site:

"New constructions within a buffer zone may have an impact on the World Heritage property and could threaten its Outstanding Universal Value."

JohnnyLobo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    I think you guys get my point. There is a freakin sky scraper (Marriott) right next to the Alamo yet the Express News says:

"At Alamo and Commerce streets, the planned 26-story tower's size and proximity to the Alamo was the major concern."

So, no need to apologize guys. I forgive you. We now have the National Parks Service telling a major Texas city that the UN wouldn't like us building more high-rise buildings in a damn downtown area. How bout them apples?

caleb7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    I think you guys get my point. There is a freakin sky scraper (Marriott) right next to the Alamo yet the Express News says:

"At Alamo and Commerce streets, the planned 26-story tower's size and proximity to the Alamo was the major concern."

So, no need to apologize guys. I forgive you. We now have the National Parks Service telling a major Texas city that the UN wouldn't like us building more high-rise buildings in a damn downtown area. How bout them apples?

While you do have a point, trying to be the loudest opinion in the room is not a legitimate strategy. With all the name calling and whatnot, you pretty much did everything but use all caps to bring your point across. And I suppose your next response will involve me earning the title of punk ass for calling you out on turning this into a "I have the bigger dick, therefore I'm right" contest.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I've been to probably two dozen UNESCO World Heritage sites in the 10 countries I've visited on 4 different continents, never once saw a U.N. flag.
    Further to my first post: if I ever DID see the U.N. flag flying over my beloved Alamo, I'd cut the damn thing down in jig time. Just wanted to make sure no one misinterpreted my comment as supportive of the U.N.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston

How 'bout the simplest, and most likely explanation? The developers for the new high rise didn't grease all the hands that needed greasing. So they pulled out some BS reason for denial of the permit. Most local pols could care less what the UN says. But they DO care about getting their cut of the pie. They probably didn't contract with the company run by a relative on the board. Or donate to one of the special "charitable foundations".

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Look Dude. I'm no damn troll.

Yes, yes you are.

My reaction to your trolling was to serve you up a 14,905-word reply. Now that I've slept on it, I know that I let my initial, visceral reaction to your ignorance punch my buttons. I should never pollute TGT with that sort of point-by-point refutation of the many screw-ups of a troll.

Yet, in a moment of weakness, that's exactly what I did. I'm not proud of that, so -

<Post redacted.>

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom