• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Is there such a thing? I used to think that Fox News was it, but now not so much.

Can anyone recommend a news source that's either unbiased or conservative without going complegely off the right-wing deep end? Please?
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    In my opinion FNC sold out several years back, but really showed their colors on election night. I have been watching One America News and Newsmax more lately. I do often take in some MSNBC and RT to know what the Dark Side is up to as well.

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Is there such a thing? I used to think that Fox News was it, but now not so much.

Can anyone recommend a news source that's either unbiased or conservative without going complegely off the leftest deep end? Please?

Doesn't exist. I'm not sure it ever did. They just pretend less today. I worked in circulation and marketing for a large newspaper for over a decade. Everyone in that newsroom had a hero-complex, an axe to grind, and a political agenda. I finally left the industry entirely.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Mainly watch Newsmax for a more mainstream type news, but there are several youtubers that I get a more unbiased current affairs from. I also watch Blaze TV, but I wouldn't call them exactly unbiased, much more right leaning.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Sadly I believe nothing in media today it's all simply propaganda and opinion, one suggestion I have is for conservatives do not use
    social media.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What I think most are really saying is something along the lines of ‘where can I find a side to a story that reinforces/supports my biases.’
    Cant speak for "most", but I would just like to see the news without EVERY FUCKING REPORTER offering their opinion of what I am seeing. Even worse is when their OPINION, is an outright falsehood.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Point to ponder: has there ever been an unbiased “news” source in the history of America?

What I think most are really saying is something along the lines of ‘where can I find a side to a story that reinforces/supports my biases.’
    I'd really like facts.
    Sometimes my biases need a reality check.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Everyone has an agenda and will spin events to their desired outcome. Indulge me please, and allow me to tell you the story of how I learned this as a 23 year old.

From mid 1979 through mid 1981 I was spending enough time in England that I kept and an apartment (a flat) and an office in London. This “office” was in an office services company. I only had one of many 15’x15’ offices, and we all shared common services like the phone switchboard, secretarial/typing pool, Telex machine, etc. The lobby of this company was supplied daily with several dozen newspapers form around the world in the native languages as well as English translation of many. More on these newspapers later…

On the roof of the eight story building my office was in, was furniture set up for lounging or lunching if the weather permitted. It just so happened that from the roof of our building, with binoculars, you could see two and half to three of the five sides of the Iranian embassy compound which was a little over a mile or so away.

Now let me put a time stamp on this story. This was the time of the “Iranian Hostage Situation” when our Embassy was overtaken and 50+ hostages were taken and kept for over a year. In early spring of 1980, several members of a faction of Iranians laid siege and took hostages at the Iranian embassy in London for several days. Over these few days, our roof patio became the hot hangout with everyone bringing their binoculars and telescopes to watch the events. We watched the police surround and secure the location, the SAS fast rope to the roof, and eventually take back the embassy and free the hostages.

Back to my office’s lobby and the newspapers. Although I speak a dozen or so words and phrases in several languages, I read and write only English. I would daily read the reporting of the previous day’s events in multiple newspapers including not only American and English newspapers, but also the English translated versions of French, German, Italian, and other countries. (Understand that the Cold War was still on, so very little info came from the other side of the “Iron Curtain”, so that opinion was not readily available.)

The moral of this story is that NEVER did I read an accurate reporting of the events that I witnessed with my own eyes. Every country and even several from the same country, all had a slightly different spin to the events. This was my awakening to the fact that everyone has a different opinion based on their viewing perspective and their desired outcome of the events at hand. There is what you hear, read, and see; and the truth that lies somewhere in that mix.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    That's what I'm afraid of.

Vaquero,

I don't believe that there ARE or EVER WERE any "unbiased news sources".
    Personally, I would accept a "news source" that does NOT INTENTIONALLY LIE to the general public, as ALL of the so-called "Mainstream Press" in broadcast & print media in 2021 obviously does.

yours, satx

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom