Under 21 Handgun

Grayman12

Aug 29, 2017
Katy, Texas
I am under 21 and my Mom got a me a 9mm shield a while back and she just transferred it over to me. Its at my place now but could i keep it in my car for long road trips or commuting to work? I do know its legal to keep it in my home but i cant find anything regarding a motor vehicle. I did hear that your car is an extension of your household so its legal. anybody have any reassuring words?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
Aug 26, 2016
Yep you are all good. It can be confusing if you are under 21 to understand the laws in Texas and there is a lot of misinformation out there. There is a thread out here talking about this, let me find it for you. One sec...

PS. What a good mom you have! I want to get my experienced shooter 18 year old his own handgun soon for his self defense and am interested in this topic.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
I am under 21 and my Mom got a me a 9mm shield a while back and she just transferred it over to me. Its at my place now but could i keep it in my car for long road trips or commuting to work? I do know its legal to keep it in my home but i cant find anything regarding a motor vehicle. I did hear that your car is an extension of your household so its legal. anybody have any reassuring words?
What is this "transfer" you speak of?

BRD@66

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2014
Liberty Hill
Yep you are all good. It can be confusing (.................) to understand the laws in Texas and there is a lot of misinformation out there. There is a thread out here talking about this, let me find it for you. One sec...

PS. What a good mom you have! I want to get my experienced shooter 18 year old his own handgun soon for his self defense and am interested in this topic.
FIFY

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
Maybe OP just simply means the gun was just physically "transferred" from Mom's hands to her offspring. :green:
The only way I know of.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads