• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grayman12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2017
    Katy, Texas
    I am under 21 and my Mom got a me a 9mm shield a while back and she just transferred it over to me. Its at my place now but could i keep it in my car for long road trips or commuting to work? I do know its legal to keep it in my home but i cant find anything regarding a motor vehicle. I did hear that your car is an extension of your household so its legal. anybody have any reassuring words?
    ARJ Defense ad

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Yep you are all good. It can be confusing if you are under 21 to understand the laws in Texas and there is a lot of misinformation out there. There is a thread out here talking about this, let me find it for you. One sec...

PS. What a good mom you have! I want to get my experienced shooter 18 year old his own handgun soon for his self defense and am interested in this topic.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Helpful thread;

https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/handguns-for-over-18-under-21.10627/

“Texas penal code 46.02 shows it is lawful for her [under 21] to car carry as long as the handgun is not in plain view, she is not a member of a criminal street gang, she is not committing a crime (traffic offenses excluded) and she is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm.”

Quote from member Txinvestigator.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am under 21 and my Mom got a me a 9mm shield a while back and she just transferred it over to me. Its at my place now but could i keep it in my car for long road trips or commuting to work? I do know its legal to keep it in my home but i cant find anything regarding a motor vehicle. I did hear that your car is an extension of your household so its legal. anybody have any reassuring words?
    What is this "transfer" you speak of?

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Yep you are all good. It can be confusing (.................) to understand the laws in Texas and there is a lot of misinformation out there. There is a thread out here talking about this, let me find it for you. One sec...

PS. What a good mom you have! I want to get my experienced shooter 18 year old his own handgun soon for his self defense and am interested in this topic.
    FIFY

Top Bottom