Undesirable juror. How do I make myself into such?

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 24, 2011
DFW area
I received jury summons quite a few years ago. There were several items on it that would keep you from going. One item was, something like this, check the reason you cannot be on the jury 65 or older. I checked this box, sent it in and have never heard from the courts again.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
There were several items on it that would keep you from going.
I used to get called like clockwork but then I sent back the form where I had checked off that I was a full-time caregiver for a disabled person. Haven't gotten a summons since.

I would have preferred to not be eligible to check that box. :)

busykngt

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 14, 2011
McKinney
Ask about jury nulification.

Absolutely. BUT you have to use that exact term (and be loud enough to be heard the first time). You'll get by with just a warning (the first time) and, of course, be immediately dismissed - likely by the judge himself.

Lets say it all together, kids:
"JURY NULLIFICATION"

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 14, 2011
McKinney
And he posted to this zombie thread previously (post # 25 & 51) - apparently a favorite topic of his! (Or maybe just wanted to be post #100).

I know it's one of mine too (post # 47 & 74 & 76). Zombies threads.... ya gotta luv 'em!

Last edited:

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Lost
I have gotten numerous jury summons over the years, but have never been picked. Most of the time I have called the day before and the case, or cases were dismissed, settled or postponed.

CodyK

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sep 5, 2019
Houston
If only once out of the dozen times I’ve been called, I would have been picked to serve on a jury, I wouldn’t care about being called for it. But in my previous life as a dumb-ass, I have several minor “blemishes” on my record. I almost always get dismissed before the lawyers even start asking questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom