• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Stop crying - you were robbed and it was your own dam fault.
    He knew he had the winning numbers and let some dill-weed tell him otherwise - tough titty said the kitty.
    Not the states fault your an idiot!

Unemployed man says he'll sue Lottery Commission over stolen $1 million ticket | Local News | S...

By APRIL CASTRO
    The Associated Press
    AUSTIN — A 67-year-old unemployed man who lost out on a $1 million jackpot when a store clerk allegedly cashed in his winning lottery ticket and skipped town said Wednesday that he will sue the Texas Lottery Commission for the payout unless he gets his money.
    Willis Willis "should not be forced to sue to collect his prize," one of his attorneys, Sean Breen, wrote in a letter to the commission.
    Willis and his attorneys are scheduled to meet with the lottery’s general counsel Monday.
    A commission spokesman declined to comment.
    Pankaj Joshi, a former employee of the convenience store where Willis bought his lottery tickets, is accused of telling Willis that a $1 Mega Millions ticket that turned out to be a $1 million winner was worth $2.
    Authorities said Joshi cashed in the ticket, then disappeared, possibly back to his native Nepal, after receiving about $750,000.
    He is charged with claiming a lottery prize by fraud.
    About half the money has been recovered from U.S. banks. Prosecutor Patricia Robertson said some of it will be given to Willis.
    Willis, who has been playing the same set of numbers at the Lucky Food Store in Grand Prairie for about 10 years, said he is unemployed because of health problems and needs the money to help pay medical bills and send his daughter to college.
    "Millions of people just like Mr. Willis play the Texas lottery with the assumption that the system has a foundation of integrity," said Randy Howry, another of Willis’ attorneys. "It’s time for the lottery to accept responsibility and restore everyone’s faith."
    Willis said he still plays the lottery but at a different store.
    Military Camp

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    His beef is with the wrong entity. TLC isn't it. I'd be looking for mr Convenience store clerk. If he gets that settled, the money will come.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    IMO if you are too stupid to realize that you have a winning ticket than you shouldn't buy one in the first place. With that said..........I also think the Texas Lotto Commission should have regulations in place that would make it illegal for a store employee to purchase lotto tickets (any and all kinds) at their place of employment and make it illegal to cash in winning tickets at their place of employment........or in this case........case a ticket that was purchased from their place of employment. Again just my opinion.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Waaaach you talkin bout Willis? You should have known to check your own bitness instead of counting on the store clerk to be honest. He is likely funding a terrorist group with your 1 mill and the attack will be because of your laziness.
    The TLC said on TV that They made a mistake and the man should get his money So the TLC is likely going to cave and if they don't they will be called racist for not giving him the money. So Mr store clerk "Joshi" is in Nepal or Mexico on his way to somewhere else. Go find him and bring back that money he hasn't spent.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    That store clerk is long gone back to the old country, to live like a king, with his money from the land of milk and honey and dumb asses.

I heard on the news that TLC had recovered half of the money, about $350,000.00. Originally he had won about $750,000.00 after splitting with his partner (The IRS, who didn't have to pay anything for their share of the winnings). I guess TLC will just keep the $350,000.00 until the lawyers sort it all out.

So, as I see it, the winners here are TLC, the IRS, a illegal alien, the lawyers and a hopefully much wiser, but broke, old man.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The whole lottery thing is one sad moral joke.

The people who play the lottery the most, shouldn't. It is simply a tax on the stupid.

During times of economic depression, the lottery is just about the only state revenue that goes up.

Simply put, it is wrong.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Go get the store clerk, dip him in honey, and roll him in a mound of fire ants.
    i always likes the idea of wrapping one in a freshly killed animal hide and tying them to a tree. then calling the buzzards ;)

but honestly, i cant say i wouldn't do the same thing....
    i mean think of all the ammo you could buy!

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Stupidity SHOULD be painful and costly. This sucker got punked by some moron from Nepal jockeying a cash register at a Quickie Mart.
    Hes a fool and may he get no money and may God have mercy on his ignorant soul.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Stupidity SHOULD be painful and costly. This sucker got punked by some moron from Nepal jockeying a cash register at a Quickie Mart.
    Hes a fool and may he get no money and may God have mercy on his ignorant soul.

+1 The guy is 67 years old and hasn't he learned yet you can't trust 99.999% of people out there in the world? What a moron!

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    No......do you think I should?

Why do I think I'm going to regret that question....

Now I want to see and will prob also regret it

Just another example of a certain type of people that want to sue someone (even if they aren't at fault) to try and get money...

This time there was actual money that the person was entitled to, but trying to sue TLC for something that had NOTHING to do with them seems "trifling"

Get the NAACP on the phone ASAP, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Col. Sanders, somebody gots to pay!

Top Bottom