Venture Surplus ad

Unexplained incident thread. Ghosts? Bigfoot? Midget Clowns in the woods while hunting? In honor of Ghostober.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Since it's almost October I figured we could have a fun thread to relay unexplained events you have experienced.

Ghosts, Bigfoot, UFOs or anything Wierd or unexplained. With the ammount of beer vodak and whiskey consumed around here we outta have some good stuff reported.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    When I was 12, my dad and I were fishing in a remote area of Lake Sam Rayburn known as the oxbow. He caught a huge bass. 5 lbs plus and it broke his line as he was trying to net it.

We went back to fishing furiously. I felt a tug and started pulling. Dad wanted me to go slow and fight it and wear it out.
    But, there wasn't much action. Whatever it was started to slowly rise from The bottom of old Sam Rayburn Lake.

Lo and behold,. I pulled up an old Coleman lantern. And you want to know the best part about it? That son of a gun was still burning.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm pretty sure I saw a Chupacabra earlier this week

Something crossed the road about 50 yards in front of me about 30 minutes before sundown in a rural part of the county on the way home from my ranch property

I thought it was a coyote, but noticed it had no hair or visible tail.
    My brain couldn't associate it with anything I've seen before..it was a weird experience for sure

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Had a poorboy deer lease in some swampy ground near Dayton TX. (Back before the town upgraded by adding a prison.) There was a buck that I think every one of us shot at and could never hit. I shot at maybe 75 yards and didn't hit him. A friend shot at him at 50 yards the week before that. The guys on the neighboring lease told us they had seen him for years and had all shot at him. They considered him to be a ghost. He had a very unique rack that was very narrow, but very tall, and he had a definite limp from some old injury to a hind foot. He'd appear trailing a doe, and disappear the instant you shot. We spent hours looking for blood, and we all rechecked our scopes only to find that they were perfectly sighted in. Then we'd hear about him showing up again somewhere. As far as I know, he may be a ghost and may still be deviling hunters in those woods.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    my sister is a real estate agent in California.

several years ago she had a home listed that the owners swore was haunted.

She got a call from another agent showing the home that the lock box for the house key would not lock when they were leaving.

She was close and swung by to resolve the issue. The other agent had left locked the door and left the key outside.

She entered the home to make sure it was secure you have to walk though the kitchen to get to the back door. After locking the back door as she was walking back though the kitchen every cabinet door and drawer was open not something you would miss on the first walk though.

Needless to say she made haste to the front door locked it and got the hell out of there.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This guy keeps showing up on my game camera. I think it might be Bigfoot!

tvCps1Yl.jpg

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I believe in ghost and have had some experiences. Caught a pic of the face on the UT medical center in Galveston a couple of months ago.

The story is the old man owned the land and hated hospitals, so he wouldn't sell. When he died, the family sold anyway. His face was on the top tile. They pressure washed his face off and it showed up on the tile below. They did it again and it moved again to the 3rd tile. They leave it there because they fear the next time he will enter the building through that door.
    20210730_144854.jpg

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    One day, Back when by youngest 2 girls were still kindergarten age, I put the girls down for a nap and started to do some housework. I locked the doors with a child proof lock we put at the top of the door so they couldnt get out while I was off doing chores.

I goto do dishes and catch movement out side and look to see my youngest outside on the swing set just swinging away. I'm both pissed and perplexed, first that she snuck outside without permission and contrary to her direction to take a nap all while wondering how the hell she got out there.

I go stomping to put an end to this and find all the doors still locked. I goto her room and she's sound asleep in bed. I then open the door to see the swing swinging with no one in it. No way another kid could climb a 6 foot locked fence.

We have seen that little girl often still to this day almost 20 years later.

Just a couple years back I'm sitting in the bathroom at about 330 am, cause I never sleep, and all of the sudden hear a small child loudly laugh in the kitchen right on the other side of the wall. As soon as I hear it all 3 dogs jump to their feet in their crates and start barking like a stranger was in the house hitting the doors of their crates. They heard it too.

I was pulling my pants up running down the hall within a couple seconds. Everyone was in bed sound asleep, no tv or other sound emitting devices were on, no toys in the house that make noise anymore cause the kids were late teens, the doors were locked and no one was there.

My wife thinks ou ts her sister who died young and showed up when she had kids of her own or one of the miscarriages she had.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'm pretty sure I saw a Chupacabra earlier this week

Something crossed the road about 50 yards in front of me about 30 minutes before sundown in a rural part of the county on the way home from my ranch property

I thought it was a coyote, but noticed it had no hair or visible tail.
    My brain couldn't associate it with anything I've seen before..it was a weird experience for sure
    Was going to say if you were at a truck stop what you saw was a chupa verga

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Nephew was at his uncles house( my brother) a few years back. Was about 6 or 7 at the time. He woke from a nap to see an old lady standing over him. He screamed. Scared him and my brother who was in the other room. We have a guess it was a prior owner. She was an elderly lady who lived alone in that house. Brother bought the house after she passed. At times strange things happen. One room cant keep a working light bulb for more than a few days. Wiring tested, fixture replaced, different bulb etc. There are cold spots in the house, even with no electricity such was the case with Harvey.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I worked in a pigment plant. They made pigment for ink. The Blue Room had the huge grinder that had very tight tolerances. Supposedly a guy fell into a grinder and he vanished! Never clocked out, never came home with his locker locked & his person effects & street close inside.

I was asked to work some overtime because I was new & low paid. I loaded the the batch & started cooking the blue pigment. I stay in the 100 in that part of the plant so I went to the break room. sitting their with a former and another guy we hear a horn. It was on a forklift. as I got near it it moved forward & reverse. Them the batch that was running fine in the blue room started doing shit it shouldn't. After I got the batch running correctly it stopped.

The two guys I worked with claimed it was the guy who disappeared haunts the plant. They said he test every new person who ever starts in the blue room. The guy I replaced quit because he was freaked out!

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I figured out the haunting laughter and talking in my house.

Even when powered down the high powered transmitters used by a road crew or city workers will come though my surround sound speakers in my living room.

or maybe I do have a haunting and just blame the noise on that

Glad I am selling the place now do I have to disclose that to the buyer in Tx

One day, Back when by youngest 2 girls were still kindergarten age, I put the girls down for a nap and started to do some housework. I locked the doors with a child proof lock we put at the top of the door so they couldnt get out while I was off doing chores.

I goto do dishes and catch movement out side and look to see my youngest outside on the swing set just swinging away. I'm both pissed and perplexed, first that she snuck outside without permission and contrary to her direction to take a nap all while wondering how the hell she got out there.

I go stomping to put an end to this and find all the doors still locked. I goto her room and she's sound asleep in bed. I then open the door to see the swing swinging with no one in it. No way another kid could climb a 6 foot locked fence.

We have seen that little girl often still to this day almost 20 years later.

Just a couple years back I'm sitting in the bathroom at about 330 am, cause I never sleep, and all of the sudden hear a small child loudly laugh in the kitchen right on the other side of the wall. As soon as I hear it all 3 dogs jump to their feet in their crates and start barking like a stranger was in the house hitting the doors of their crates. They heard it too.

I was pulling my pants up running down the hall within a couple seconds. Everyone was in bed sound asleep, no tv or other sound emitting devices were on, no toys in the house that make noise anymore cause the kids were late teens, the doors were locked and no one was there.

My wife thinks ou ts her sister who died young and showed up when she had kids of her own or one of the miscarriages she had.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I was about 9 or 10 years old and the only person who could pick me up from baseball practice was my grandpa. We stopped at whataburger and got some food and started our drive back towards Fair Oaks.

We were on I-10 heading north just south of 1604 when I noticed a burning light out above the Camp Bullis area. Probably more near where the Rim is now. It was a rock quarry at that time. It hovered there for about 10 seconds, then dropped like a rock towards the ground, but just before it fell out of sight it made a sharp 90 degree turn and sped off into the night.

Before I could even speak my grandpa said "what the hell was that?" I didn't know if he had seen it, because we were both to focused on it to say anything.

I've seen all kinds of stuff flying and different types of ariel flares. This appeared from what I could tell to be something of decent size and completely engulfed in flames. The sharp 90 degree turn at a very high rate of speed still makes me wonder to this day what it was. I fly drones and they can make some crazy maneuvers, but not like that.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    When I was 7 my uncle was murdered. He was working at a convenience store to make extra money for Christmas, when 3 guys robbed him. They shot him, he took their gun away and shot all of them (he was a bonafide badass). One robber died, two others nearly did. Getaway driver came in and shot my uncle to finish him off.

My dad was a cop, so everyone called him when something bad happened. He identified the body and took the blood soaked shoes and clothes home in a paper bag. Fast forward a couple days. I woke up in the middle of the night and my door swung open by itself. It NEVER did that. I turned on my lamp by my bed, nobody there. Two nights in a row that happened.

The next morning my mom asked why I was being so quiet. I told her what happened. She and my dad looked at each other. She made my dad take the bag of bloody clothes with him to work where he threw them away. The door stopped moving on its own.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I was camping one night on the rim in AZ near Hannigan Meadow. I was laying there in my tent listening to the elk bugle in the small meadow right out side my tent. It was awesome till I heard this loud moaning scream howl. It was not an elk, didnt sound elk like at all, louder and longer than any elk and you could feel it in your chest. The elk all shut up then scattered. I was actually worried they would trample my tent.

The next day I'm walking down a train towards the little stream like water feature I saw on a map and noticed a couple elk on a hill above me bedded down. I got the feeling that I was being watched and the forrest went silent. I was the only one in the small 5 spot campground.

A few seconds later the Elk jumped to their feet looking up hill at something that startled them. They then bolted right down hill at me. I raised my hands and hollered but what ever scared them they were more afraid of it than me and they ran so close I felt the air move as they went by.

Lots of bigfoot sightings in the area. Near the New Mexico boarder.

Cant say what it was.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom