union thugs invade townhall

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DCortez, Aug 7, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  3. SiscoKid

SiscoKid Active Member

Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Wow!!!! Two compelling videos.

Trying to think deeply on this, I think there is a potential for a Rebellion in this country. This could escalate into real violence. People, even little old ladies, are ready to stand up and fight. The union thugs have to watch themselves, they can't push back too much.

It is getting interesting, REAL interesting.

4. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Good find DC.

5. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Union Thugs

Union thugs should be very careful when trying to kick the butts of good

patriotic Americans, the butts they kick might be their own....They won't

be such overbearing obama lovers when unemployment hits their own

personal lives...Well, theres always that 10% that never learn....:texas:

6. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Unions are the cancer that will one day destroy this country.

7. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    One day is already come IMO!
    Look at the damage they have done to the auto and air plane industries as well as others.
    They are shameless money whores with no ones interest in mind but their own.

8. DoubleActionCHL

DoubleActionCHL Well-Known

Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I don't think the majority of working Americans are willing to go quietly into this good night. The media, however, reports this as a bunch of unruly "planted" conservatives, or rowdy mobs. You didn't hear the media condeming the libs when they libs disrupted a speaking engagement by the Minutemen on border security at Columbia University.

YouTube - Minutemen Protest Storming At Columbia University

9. cog41

cog41 Member

May 21, 2009
    Texas

Their day has come and gone. Workers can now organize and get most what they need or want without the dues, inside politics, infighting and not cause skyrocketing prices on the other end.

Term Limits!! Tort Reform!!

Throw off the oppressors!!

10. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    At their core, labor unions are about self-interest for the worker when the relationship with management is poor. If corporations had better relations with their work forces, there wouldn't be unions because the best wouldn't join them since the environment would be tolerable and they wouldn't have unions holding them back with their focus on collectivism at the expense of the exceptional... but corporate cultures change slowly or take turns for the worse, so labor frequently organizes as a defensive measure.

I know that everyone has heard about UAW windshield installers making $37/hour and contracts mandating everything from low production quotas to ping pong tables located in prime production space on factory floors, but the reality is that unions are well past their prime days of the mid 20th century. I believe that UAW represents less than a quarter of the domestic automaker workforce due to shrewd negotiating by the automakers in the 1990s; new hires generally aren't UAW and get paid considerably less than "grandfathered" UAW members (air wages from what I've gathered).

The foreign automakers in the US don't have unions largely because they have better relations with their workforces as a result of more informed labor policy and seemingly more mature management that's more interested in results rather than dogma and power games.

I'm not saying that unions aren't part of this country's problems nor am I suggesting that they're not without numerous faults, but I believe they're much further down the list of guilty parties than most would place them.