• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    The union is left with no choice, they are going to have to kick the crap out of some boy scouts! Here's the story (freaken losers.....the SEIU that is)

After layoffs, SEIU president complains about city's use of volunteers, contractors

In pursuit of an Eagle Scout badge, Kevin Anderson, 17, has toiled for more than 200 hours hours over several weeks to clear a walking path in an east Allentown park.

Little did the do-gooder know that his altruistic act would put him in the cross hairs of the city's largest municipal union.

Nick Balzano, president of the local Service Employees International Union, told Allentown City Council Tuesday that the union is considering filing a grievance against the city for allowing Anderson to clear a 1,000-foot walking and biking path at Kimmets Lock Park.

"We'll be looking into the Cub Scout or Boy Scout who did the trails," Balzano told the council.

Balzano said Saturday he isn't targeting Boy Scouts. But given the city's decision in July to lay off 39 SEIU members, Balzano said "there's to be no volunteers." No one except union members may pick up a hoe or shovel, plant a flower or clear a walking path.

Union troubled by Eagle Scout project in Allentown -- themorningcall.com
    Hurley's Gold

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    "No one except union members may pick up a hoe"

If they'd stop picking up hoes, they might still have jobs, lazy bassers

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    This mentality is a perfect example of the failing auto industry, the union is telling the city what is allowed and not allowed? Excuse me but you work for the city it's not the other way around.

It's also nice to know the thugs are going to look into the scout that did the trails.... what the hell does that even mean?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Another good reason to live in Texas. They couldn't pull that crap here. Those Rust Belt states need to wise up.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    "No one except union members may pick up a hoe"

If they'd stop picking up hoes, they might still have jobs, lazy bassers
    HAH!

my manager came down stairs to see wtf was so funny i laughed so loud i woke her up!
    HAHAHHAHA

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Freaking Boy Scouts. Christian terrorists they are, bent on the extinction of our new American way of life. Those trollup girl scouts are no better, pedaling their cookies all over America making us fat and lazy. I say we cut them off at the source. Next time you see a Brownie or Cub Scout, kick em. The biggest threat to the very fabric America is the Weblow.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Freaking Boy Scouts. Christian terrorists they are, bent on the extinction of our new American way of life. Those trollup girl scouts are no better, pedaling their cookies all over America making us fat and lazy. I say we cut them off at the source. Next time you see a Brownie or Cub Scout, kick em. The biggest threat to the very fabric America is the Weblow.

Oh man.

Top Bottom