DK Firearms

United States Concealed Carry Association?? Anyone know anythng about USCCA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Interesting. Has anyone ever heard of the United States Concealed Carry Association?

After seeing an intriguing advertisement by the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) in the NRA magazine America’s First Freedom, I decided to download some “free” shooting skills information. That’s when I began to wonder about the USCCA’s authenticity.
    United States Concealed Carry Association: Web marketing experiment?

http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d29-United-States-Concealed-Carry-Association-Web-marketing-experiment
    Guns International

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's funny you ask that because I just joined this weekend after listenening to one of my regular podcast hosts give this organization a wondeful review. Here is a link to that show and show notes. I have to admit the site looks a little crappy, but it is really packed with great articles, video and information regarding Concealed Carry. Looking at USCCA – 091

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    New post from Howard N:

Some readers left good comments about the first article on the U.S. Concealed Carry Association (USCCA), which you can read in the original article. Some are worth responding to. Feedback is running about 50% in favor of USCCA. Tim Schmidt of USCCA also answered questions, which are printed verbatim below.
    U.S. Concealed Carry Association has supporters, detractors
    http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m3d30-US-Concealed-Carry-Association-has-supporters-detractors

facetnated

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Benbrook
    I recently joined USCCA. Their email/spam/marketing set my nerves on edge, but I kept hearing about it from different podcasts and Kathy Jackson of the Cornered Cat blog is the editor, so I bit the bullet. They do make all of the back issues of Concealed Carry magazine available online for members--so I figured I'd try it for a year and see whether I got value out of it.

Richard.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have been a member for about 15 months or so.....only after my second membership did I start getting emailing from their marketing department.
    You get an interesting magazine every month, I believe it is based on ideas from threads on the Forum.

quantum13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton, TX
    Apologies for the necro post but I read an issue of their magazine from 2020 and I thought it was really good/thorough. I think it would be a beating to read that much (it's a big magazine) monthly/every other month (not sure how often they publish) but the quality/depth of the information was far better than the surface level articles in the NRA rag where they publish what feels like only the introduction followed by 'reviews' that seem more like paid advertisements. I didn't get that feel here; reading the magazine gave me a very positive impression of the organization - they came off quite professionally.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Apologies for the necro post but I read an issue of their magazine from 2020 and I thought it was really good/thorough. I think it would be a beating to read that much (it's a big magazine) monthly/every other month (not sure how often they publish) but the quality/depth of the information was far better than the surface level articles in the NRA rag where they publish what feels like only the introduction followed by 'reviews' that seem more like paid advertisements. I didn't get that feel here; reading the magazine gave me a very positive impression of the organization - they came off quite professionally.

The same can be said of their online videos and articles as well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom