• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you support Universal Background checks?

• Total voters

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Using my exceptional American freedom I have bought sold and traded quite a few guns. I have sold off some just because I needed the money. The result is that I have had the pleasure of owning and shooting many more guns than my modest income would ever had allowed. And then trade them off for something different. A stupid do nothing background check or registration law would have meant nothing but less happiness and more money to a government the is not looking out for my best interests. The progressive ideology, that is to say communist-lite, is the only real reason for stupid gun laws. We must be disarmed before we can be overtaken by oppression.
    Gun Zone Deals

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    The simple fact is that no gun control measure has ever proved to be effective. I usually get some pistols in with the little envelope containing fired shells. Goes in the trash here in Texas. The problem with having a huge library of fired shells is it costs the government money to maintain them. The other side is that 99.99999% of gun owners are law abiding citizens. If you go to the FBI Uniform Crime report and crunch some numbers you will see this. So that means unless a gun is stolen those shell casings will set there and never be used unless a gun is stolen and ends up in a crime. There is a database at the DPS that shows the carry holders who commit crimes vs. the general population. CHL holders are squeaky clean with the exception of the 000001 who commit a crime. So any gun law aimed at law abiding citizens is useless. We need to start getting tough with the small percent who do use guns in crime.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Maybe this wouldn’t even be a topic for discussion IF private sellers were more cautious and conscientious about who they sell their guns to? NONE of us should want guns falling into the wrong hands, yet many are only worried about getting the cash in hand without doing due diligence on who they are selling their guns to.
    Personally, my standards for selling my guns are actually higher than that set forth by state and federal law. I run my own background checks using s/w that I pay for out of my own pocket. If I have any doubts whatsoever about the character and judgement of a potential buyer, I simply don’t sell to that person. My guns, my rules.
    Sorry, but I disagree. There is no evidence that private sellers are much of a contributor to criminal violence.
    In fact, based on the ratio of "false positive" results and bad data used by NICS not sure that we should continue any form of Background Checks. A denial on a NICS check rarely (if ever) stops someone that is an actual criminal. Cheaper to just steal a gun or trade for drugs.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I spend an inordinate amount of time with folks calling asking how to get their gun unregistered in their name......

"But what happens if I sell it someone and they do something with it?"

I guess you will have to keep it forever.....

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    They're probably assuming existence of a firearms equivalent to the TexDot "I don't have this car anymore" form.
    eta - dang it!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom