• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you support Universal Background checks?

• Total voters

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Fair enough, and I'm the same with my ID...

Enjoy your false security... OTOH, nothing good can come from me sharing my ID with someone I don't know (except maybe buying a gun that I can probably get somewhere else with more security?)

Roger that sir, we are in total agreement then :)

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    As a buyer, I will briefly show my DL to prove I am a Texas resident but you aren't getting a copy of it and it never leaves my hand. And I ask the same of a buyer unless I know you. I prefer to sell only to people with 100% positive feedback on this or other forums.

Added: And I don't ship! I do FTF only and show me the money!
    And I don't buy something that needs to be shipped unless it is from an FFL.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    And the only issue I'd have with a Bill of Sale is wanting my signature on it...

"oh, you want a handwriting sample to help in your endeavors to impersonate me? by all means... here you go!"

Just something to think about... there's also a handwriting sample on your DL and an LTC. And this goes beyond the person you're giving it to... are they going to be cautious and safeguard your PII you just gave them? maybe they'll scan it and put it online without sufficient security, or it could be stolen or lost by them.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    What I couldn’t live with is a gun I provided someone being used negligently or unlawfully to harm an innocent person, especially a child.

If you can control or determine someone will be negligent....I would certainly like to know how.....

I hear you and understand where you are coming from.....but reality is....you have zero control once you hand the gun over....

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    As a buyer, I will briefly show my DL to prove I am a Texas resident but you aren't getting a copy of it and it never leaves my hand. And I ask the same of a buyer unless I know you. I prefer to sell only to people with 100% positive feedback on this or other forums.

I agree with you on the ID. I don’t want or need to have a copy of any ID either.

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    And the only issue I'd have with a Bill of Sale is wanting my signature on it...

"oh, you want a handwriting sample to help in your endeavors to impersonate me? by all means... here you go!"

Just something to think about... there's also a handwriting sample on your DL and an LTC.

Roger that, I’m not big on BOS but have done them at buyer’s or seller’s request.
    LOL@ a handwriting sample

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    If you can control or determine someone will be negligent....I would certainly like to know how.....

I hear you and understand where you are coming from.....but reality is....you have zero control once you hand the gun over....

Very true...but you take measures to mitigate. Doing something is better than doing nothing IMHO. To each his own tho.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Come to think of it, I haven't bought a gun off-books since I moved to Texas...

only purchases have been at an FFL- 2 were gunbroker auctions with a transfer at an FFL. I tried to buy a BFR from someone off TexasGunTrader a while back, but he never showed the day of.

I need to remedy that just on principle alone... I leave a communist leaning state to get to the free world and don't even exercise my recovered rights? It's a damn shame.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Just something to think about... there's also a handwriting sample on your DL and an LTC. And this goes beyond the person you're giving it to... are they going to be cautious and safeguard your PII you just gave them? maybe they'll scan it and put it online without sufficient security, or it could be stolen or lost by them.
    You mean you sign such things with your actual signature?!? :boom:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I've got three for sale :)
    you made me look... I think we have enough similar preferences that what you're willing to sell I'm not heavily interested in... that 1894 is a bit tempting, except I already have an 1895 in 45-70... and I don't have anything else in .44Mag.

Let me know what you want for one of your 10mm guns...:)

Last edited:

tinplas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    San Antonio
    Among my many discussions about gun rights, a license was proposed. Would it be any better to get a gun owners license similar to a driver's license? Showing proficiency at whatever level you want to reach. Revolver, semi, etc.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    you made me look... I think we have enough similar preferences that what you're willing to sell I'm not heavily interested in... that 1894 is a bit tempting, except I already have an 1895 in 45-70... and I don't have anything else in .44Mag.

Let me know what you want for one of your 10mm guns...:)

That's not going to happen.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom