APOD Firearms

University of Houston crime reports thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I've decided to make a thread where I will post the emails I receive from the University regarding crime. I had one a while ago where a girl escaped from an attempted abduction from a gas station near campus, but that's buried deep in my emails. If anything, maybe someone could use it as a case towards campus carry.

Main campus is surrounded by the 3rd ward, which is pretty ghetto...

Anywho, here is the kicker start off for the thread. It happened in broad daylight, 2:00 PM on a sunday!!

DATE: September 16, 2012 4:16:16 PM CDT
    Document Number: 1847
    Security Alert

367295.jpg
    87017.gif

SUSPECTS:Two Black male, betweens the ages of late 20's to 30's, light skinned, medium build with short curly hair.WEAPON:Black semi-automatic handgunVEHICLE:Dark colored 4 door car.

SYNOPSIS: At approximately 2:00pm on Sunday September 16, 2012, at the 3800 block of Holman Street near Scott Street, A University of Houston student reported to UHDPS that two unidentified black males, driving a dark colored vehicle, drove up to him while he was walking westbound on Holman Street. The driver displayed a handgun and demanded his property and cell phone. After the student complied with the suspects, they fled the scene headed eastbound on Holman towards Cullen Blvd. The University of Houston student was not injured.

SAFETY TIPS:
    Confrontations can occur without provocation, through no fault of your own. When such confrontations do occur, there are some actions you can take:
    • BE ALERT!!
    • Be cautious when approached by an unknown person on the street, even the nicest person can have ill intent.
    • Remain as calm as possible.Your own initiative and clear thinking are your best defenses.
    • The University has more than 70 Emergency call boxes placed strategically around campus, use them! The call goes directly to the UHDPS Dispatch Center.
    • Report the incident. Call the police immediately and report what has happened. Call (713) 743-3333 or 911.
    • Do not walk alone, if at all possible walk in groups.
    • Try to notice details. This can allow you to provide the police with detailed physical and clothing descriptions of the person(s) involved.
    • If a vehicle is involved, try to note the vehicle's license plate number or the vehicle's manufacturer, model and color or any other identifying features.
    Updates to this alert and past alerts will be posted at https://www.piersystem.com/go/doctype/1093/21522/.
    You may contact the University of Houston Department of Public Safety at police@uh.edu
    All faculty, staff and students are encouraged to be alert and to be cautious of their surroundings on and away from campus.
    In any emergency situation, or if you see suspicious activity, call 9-1-1. For more information on staying safe and your role in preventing crime, please visit the website of the University of Houston Department of Public Safety at www.uh.edu/police.
    Gun Zone Deals

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    if the victim was walking on the sidewalk of Holman, then they had every right to carry.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I used to run at night through campus around 2:00am after studying. I hid nunchucks under my forearms. Cops always waved with no idea. Some of us had pistols in our rooms just kept quiet. This was back in the late 1970's when laws were lax. Now no way I would do that today. Need campus carry legal.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Dark skinned Middle Eastern male, early 20’s, height 5’-8”, trimmed beard, thin build, approximately 140 – 150 pounds, wearing a blue hoodie, and blue jeans.

WEAPON: No weapon

VEHICLE: No vehicle was involved in this incident.

On 01/29/2013, at approximately 8:10 p.m., a UH student reported that she was in the second floor females restroom of the Agnes Arnold Hall Building washing her hands when she observed the suspect standing behind her. The female began to scream and the male suspect came from behind the student and placed both of his open hands over the females mouth to prevent her from screaming. The student kicked the suspect and he fled the restroom. The area was checked but the suspect has not been apprehended.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    these next ones are older

At 10:09 pm University of Houston Police Department received a report of a possible armed suspect in the University of Houston Recreation and Wellness Center.
    There is no suspect description at this time. Further details will be released as they are received.
    If you are on campus at this time you are advised to shelter in place until further notice.

At 10:46 pm on November 14, 2012 University of Houston Police Department completed evacuations and cleared the University of Houston Campus Recreation Center due to a report of a possible active shooter. The building was found to be clear of any sign of danger.
    At this time the area is clear and shelter in place is no longer in effect.
    At 10:09 pm University of Houston Police Department received a report of a possible armed suspect in the University of Houston Recreation and Wellness Center.
    There is no suspect description at this time. Further details will be released as they are received.
    If you are on campus at this time you are advised to shelter in place until further notice.

SUSPECTS:
    One black male, short hair, approximately 5’8”, 160 lbs., wearing a white short-sleeved t-shirt, long black shorts, and white shoes.

WEAPON:

None

VEHICLE:

Black in color pick-up truck, unknown make or model, and unknown license plate.

SYNOPSIS:

A UH student was the victim of an attempted robbery of a cell phone at about 8:27 p.m. Friday (Nov. 9) while waiting at a bus stop near the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center near Entrance 1 on University Drive. The student reported that a lone black male exited a dark-colored truck on the opposite side of the street, approached him and attempted to take his IPhone from him. No weapon was displayed and no threat was made. The student resisted, kicking the suspect, and the suspect ran away on foot and left the scene in the dark-colored truck.

If you have any information about this crime or this suspect, contact the University of Houston Department of Public Safety at 713-743-3333. The suspect is described as a black male, about 5 feet 8 inches tall and 160 pounds. He had short hair and was wearing a white short-sleeved T-shirt, black shorts and white shoes.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    My gf, who isnt interested in guns, now wants her chl because of this place lol. She was dissapointed when i told her she couldnt carry into her classroom

sent from my dishwasher

Top Bottom