• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    russia was very religious when they helped precipitate the first world was.the czar was thought to have devine rule.

Im focusing on the political as i think a religious debate thread will certainly be locked. PM for that discussion if youd like.

Russia was very religious before and during the first war...OK. Then who murdered the royal family during the revolution? The athiest Bolsheviks. Also... WW1 may have been a chaotic mess and lots of civilians suffered and died as in all wars but it was the athiestic state that rose out of that war and heightened after WW2 that purposefully, outside the contexr of collateral damage of war, they set out to murder tens of millions of civilians, much as the Nazis did. You know, those state worshippers, the worshippers of man and their "ethics", those who persecuted religious minorities and silenced the Lutheran and Catholic churches.

I am not spending any more time on this thread. If you are a student of history, look at the whole picture and the only conclusion that can be drawn is that all powerful athiestic states are the greater danger to large groups of people than are the states full of religious people or even religious states that of course have a history of violence and oppression as well, its just far less.

Insha'Allah we will have peace in our nation.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Im focusing on the political as i think a religious debate thread will certainly be locked. PM for that discussion if youd like.

Russia was very religious before and during the first war...OK. Then who murdered the royal family during the revolution? The athiest Bolsheviks. Also... WW1 may have been a chaotic mess and lots of civilians suffered and died as in all wars but it was the athiestic state that rose out of that war and heightened after WW2 that purposefully, outside the contexr of collateral damage of war, they set out to murder tens of millions of civilians, much as the Nazis did. You know, those state worshippers, the worshippers of man and their "ethics", those who persecuted religious minorities and silenced the Lutheran and Catholic churches.

I am not spending any more time on this thread. If you are a student of history, look at the whole picture and the only conclusion that can be drawn is that all powerful athiestic states are the greater danger to large groups of people than are the states full of religious people or even religious states that of course have a history of violence and oppression as well, its just far less.

Insha'Allah we will have peace in our nation.

It's really not rocket science this post sums it up quite nicely...

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    i am a graduate of Rice University, major in medieval history in western civilization.

Really? As someone who actually has a degree in history, a major in "medieval history in western civilization" sounds bogus to me...

Hold on - let me ask google.

That's right, there's no such major at Rice.

Did you join this forum just to troll your gnostic views (or did you mean agnostic - there's a big difference)? That would explain your spelling (devine rule??? Really???) and your fear of capitalization and hitting the space bar between sentences.

SA Justin

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    the religious wars of europe between protastants and cathloics set europe back hundreds of years,even to the point of almost total chaos.everyone has a right to their own relegious views but not the right to inflict them on others.

The Protestant Reformation coincided with the Renaissance. At this point in history Europe was coming out of the dark ages and overtaking the Muslims and China in cultural, technological, academic advancement. But I'm sure your degree in Medieval History of Western Civilization or whatever you call it taught you that.

You should read Jared Diamond to learn a little about the subject. Guns, Germs, and Steel for example.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Here's the Cliff's Notes version of the argument:

'I don't like organized religion so it's ok with me that these crimes are committed against those religitards who do. My beliefs/opinions are more important than anyone else's because I have a made up degree that has no real world application and that will never be worth a dime in the real world outside of using it to bully/force/thought police the Internet. Hurr hurr hurr I don't religion 'cus it beez all dumb and mean and hurtie to my feelings hurr hurr.'

I smell a troll.

Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    There's nothing more dangerous or bothersome than a combative atheist/agnostic.

-TXG-

Holier than thou religious individuals give them a run for their money. Being condescending about a belief that is impossible to prove or disprove is obnoxious regardless of what side of the fence one lies

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Holier than thou religious individuals give them a run for their money. Being condescending about a belief that is impossible to prove or disprove is obnoxious regardless of what side of the fence one lies

Who is holier than thou? If thats directed at me you need to adjust fire.

We are all a fallen mess. People of faith just recognize it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Religion and violence go together like guns and violence. Sometimes it will be used as a tool to do bad things. Take away the gun(religion) and a different tool will be found.

I will not enter the savage of who is better because it is not the religion, or lack of, that makes the man, but his choices and actions.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX

I know there are good people out there who don't believe in Jesus but I have yet to meet one empathetic, passionate atheist in person. That being said, show me one and I would be happy to say that I'm wrong. I'm not condemning anyone though. I'm just saying that they have no one to answer to so why wouldn't they do whatever they want, legal or illegal, ethical or unethical? My faith definitely stops me from making bad decisions everyday and I'm sure as hell am not going to go on some killing spree in the name of religion.

This is an excellent statement.

-TXG-

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    I know there are good people out there who don't believe in Jesus but I have yet to meet one empathetic, passionate atheist in person. That being said, show me one and I would be happy to say that I'm wrong.

The militant atheists piss me off as much as any of you I promise. I don't mind stirrin the pot for fun (less so the older and nicer ive gotten) once in a while but I don't grasp the idea of suing over a prayer before a football game etc. I don't know what the heck I am though perhaps deist would be best though. I call myself atheist to prevent long talks about what the hell deist means.

I'm not condemning anyone though. I'm just saying that they have no one to answer to so why wouldn't they do whatever they want, legal or illegal, ethical or unethical? My faith definitely stops me from making bad decisions everyday and I'm sure as hell am not going to go on some killing spree in the name of religion

I find the golden rule to pretty much answer lifes dilemmas. Don't really need a big book to explain if you don't like being screwed over, you shouldn't screw other people over.

No not directed at you just a general statement with regards to many of loud and proud christains that kick last nights fling out of bed and pop a breath mint on the way to church types that I grew up around.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom