• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They were getting annoying, I would scroll down the page then it would all move as the adds started popping up.
    Texas SOT

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Alright boys and girls. I haven't done one of these in a while, but I figured I'd give you a heads up on some changes coming and get some feedback from ya'll.

Feedback (Please Answer the Following)

1) What do you use Texas Gun Talk for? gun info and conversation,

2) What do you feel is missing from Texas Gun Talk? more variety topics, forums

3) If you were in control of the site, what changes would you make and why? see #2 above, also why does senior membership status depend on # of posts and not length of memebership.... would like to see a combo of both length and post count.....

4) Do you feel the forum is difficult to use? Is there anything you'd like to know how to do? im ok, i think

5) Is there something on another forum that you enjoy that you'd like to see here? not really

6) Have you liked us on Facebook? dont facebook

7) Have you followed us on Twitter? dont twitter

8) Have you subscribed to us on YouTube? no

9) Have you linked to me on LinkedIn? dont linkedin

10) Have you +1'd us on Google+? no

Changes

1) I'm working to improve the user experience and usability of the forum. I'm going to be making changes to the advertising system to help speed up the site for mobile and those of us not on broadband. This has the side effect of being more advantageous for the advertisers as well. The first step of this was taken a few months ago when we migrated to a faster server.

2) I've rolled out a commission system for anyone whom wants to make some side-cash. More info can be found here: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/announcements-comments/34143-make-extra-cash-support-tgt.html

3) I purchased some additional software to integrate Facebook as well as mobile versions of the site for iOS (Apple) and Android. I will be rolling these out as soon as I can get the uploaded and setup.

bespain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    FTW
    without reading all 148 previous posts I think that there should be sub-catagories for some of the main topics like rifle and pistol

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1) What do you use Texas Gun Talk for?
    Entertainment mostly. Sometimes I learn something, too.
    Occasionally use it to buy/sell/trade guns.

2) What do you feel is missing from Texas Gun Talk?
    politics :)

3) If you were in control of the site, what changes would you make and why?
    Reduce the price of advertising, or perhaps loosen the rules a bit. I know there are a lot of members on here that operate a mom&pop business out of their garage and $50/mo to just be able to say they own a business isn't really in the budget. Maybe there could be a fee per commercial post? That would cut down on the spam as well. Banner ads are a little different and the fee structure is pretty good for those. Might even be too cheap...

Also, when moderating, I would never delete a post. Lock a thread or censor a word here and there, sure... but I'd want whatever was said to be a glaring reminder of what not to do. When someone makes an ass of themselves then everyone needs to see that.

4) Do you feel the forum is difficult to use? Is there anything you'd like to know how to do?
    nope, it's easy sauce

5) Is there something on another forum that you enjoy that you'd like to see here?
    Some type of member moderation of posts. Being able to "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" people's posts. The "like" feature that was there for a bit was good, but it also needs a "dislike". Like is meaningless without dislike.

6) Have you liked us on Facebook?
    I think I did awhile back, but it's been at least 6mo since I logged into FB. I never use it really...

7) Have you followed us on Twitter?
    I don't twitter

8) Have you subscribed to us on YouTube?
    Just did ;)

9) Have you linked to me on LinkedIn?
    I don't use it

10) Have you +1'd us on Google+?
    I don't use it

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    After scanning through everyone's posts, I spotted a couple other items that I thought were great ideas.

Private forum: I'd like to see the man cave made private. Only allow adult males in that section; sort of like the companion to the ladies forum. That way we can curse like sailors and talk about boobies without offending the fairer species.

Swag store: This would be a great addition. I feel like I got left out with the last run of t-shirts. I really wanted one :p

Top Bottom