• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Big difference: unlike you, I didn't see the officers making efforts to deescalate the situation. You probably would have handled it better than these officers did.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well since the vid started with the woman in cuffs any attempts were done with. There is a point of no return and there dnag well should be so the fact that you didn't see it means nothing because the vid didn't show the initial stop. What we have is your bias taking the opportunity to fill in the blanks in a way that reinforces your beliefs.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    On Saturday, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo held a press conference to discuss the incident.
    Here’s what he said:
    “In other cities there’s cops who are actually committing sexual assaults on duty, so I thank God that this is what passes for a controversy in Austin, Texas!”​
    This off color remark isn't surprising considering his own sexual harassment issues back in CA. He tends to take a pretty glib attitude anytime someone tries to raise a concern with him too.

Setting Acevedo being a sleez aside... This girl totally did this to herself. That part of town has a HUGE jaywalking issue. People will carelessly walk right out in front of your car. Remember that guy that ran out in front of a bus (and got sent flying a few feet!) because he wanted to fake sword fight in the street? :laughing:

I think jay walking laws are ridiculous. Of course, I also think that if you run out in front of a car and get nailed then your estate should pay for the car repairs before paying for your funeral.
    Maybe we should stop protecting people from themselves and some of these liberal ideas and laws would start to self correct.
    love it...

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This off color remark isn't surprising considering his own sexual harassment issues back in CA. He tends to take a pretty glib attitude anytime someone tries to raise a concern with him too.

Setting Acevedo being a sleez aside... This girl totally did this to herself. That part of town has a HUGE jaywalking issue. People will carelessly walk right out in front of your car. Remember that guy that ran out in front of a bus (and got sent flying a few feet!) because he wanted to fake sword fight in the street? :laughing:

love it...

I thought he got a huge payoff in Cali from a court case. So did he sexually harass or no?

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Texas is NOT a stop/ID state.

Thus you can't legally be arrested for failure to provide ID if you are not engaged in a licensed activity.

Poorly written article. She was NOT arrested for fail to PROVIDE ID. She was arrested for Fail to ID

Most jurisdictions don't respond to vehicle accidents anymore, don't respond to burglary/break-ins...but plenty of time to write...jaywalking...tickets?

Interesting.
    What jurisdictions do not respond to collisions and burglaries?

I think jay walking laws are ridiculous. Of course, I also think that if you run out in front of a car and get nailed then your estate should pay for the car repairs before paying for your funeral.

Maybe we should stop protecting people from themselves and some of these liberal ideas and laws would start to self correct.
    We can dream

Again I have to wonder how APD decides on how to enforce jaywalking. Driving through downtown the other day there was a squad car next to me and the usual contingency of officers at the homeless shelter. We both had to brake for homeless people walking out from the middle of the street and were rewarded with what I call "the angry homeless shuffle" as they slowed their pace and glared at us while they crossed.

The officers on foot at ARCH and the officer in the car next to me seemed to have a "zero $#@!s given" attitude.
    But the transients have no means to pay the ticket. Drag worms have daddy to pay the fine

The one I have had to pass by has signs giving pedestrians the right of way when lights are flashing. Pain in the ass area to drive through.
    At NO time is ANYONE "given the right of way" in Texas. The law assigns the responsibility to YIELD the right of way. It is VERY different

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    TRANSPORTATION CODE CHAPTER 552. PEDESTRIANS

Sec. 552.002. PEDESTRIAN RIGHT-OF-WAY IF CONTROL SIGNAL PRESENT. (a) A pedestrian control signal displaying "Walk," "Don't Walk," or "Wait" applies to a pedestrian as provided by this section.
    (b) A pedestrian facing a "Walk" signal may proceed across a roadway in the direction of the signal, and the operator of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to the pedestrian.
    (c) A pedestrian may not start to cross a roadway in the direction of a "Don't Walk" signal or a "Wait" signal. A pedestrian who has partially crossed while the "Walk" signal is displayed shall proceed to a sidewalk or safety island while the "Don't Walk" signal or "Wait" signal is displayed.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

Sec. 552.003. PEDESTRIAN RIGHT-OF-WAY AT CROSSWALK. (a) The operator of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing a roadway in a crosswalk if:
    (1) no traffic control signal is in place or in operation; and
    (2) the pedestrian is:
    (A) on the half of the roadway in which the vehicle is traveling; or
    (B) approaching so closely from the opposite half of the roadway as to be in danger.

Top Bottom