• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Correct me if I'm wrong but so far Trump is remaining calm, not looking for a war. I'm glad. At some point I am confident he would grease Iran but I'm glad he's showing restraint right now.
    Venture Surplus ad

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Perhaps the sanctions are the reason they're posturing? If my hunch is correct, the sanctions are causing the general population to get antsy, and rightly focusing their frustrations on their, uh, "leaders." If they don't manufacture a crisis to unite the people against "the enemy" they risk another uprising, one they might not survive again.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    I only hope that we do not get involved. Taking on Iran would be much larger than fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan was. And if we do, (I hope we do not) we better go all out for victory. Doing otherwise is immoral- a waste of our military men and women and our national treasure.
    More about the attack- http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-black-swan-is-drone.html

Last edited:

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    All of these wars are complete horse shit. Saudis or the israelis should deal with this mess. They take billions of dollars from us every year so why the hell not
    Correct. I believe that the real purpose of all of these neo-con backed wars is to showcase American military hardware for foreign sales. Of course we should help our allies, but we do not need to get involved ourselves.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Correct. I believe that the real purpose of all of these neo-con backed wars is to showcase American military hardware for foreign sales. Of course we should help our allies, but we do not need to get involved ourselves.

I think there’s some truth to this.

If it’s the new normal, then the US should get a cut of those sales, as well as reimbursement for some of the development costs, associated with overseas weaponry sales.

Why should taxpayers fund all costs with no ROI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    I think there’s some truth to this.
    If it’s the new normal, then the US should get a cut of those sales, as well as reimbursement for some of the development costs, associated with overseas weaponry sales.
    Why should taxpayers fund all costs with no ROI?
    The U.S. government does get a big cut of all military hardware sales, either above the table, or below it. Why did we fight the war in Viet Nam ? To show off all of our weapons to sell to the former colonies of the British Empire who were just gaining their independence, and needed to start up a new army, navy, or air force. Do I sound cynical ? Why else would we (I mean the U.S. government) fight a long war and not even TRY to win it all the while coming out with newer more deadly weapons ? And still did not win.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    All this talk about lack of Saudi military power. That's why I suggested sneaking Israel in there. Let them do the dirty work and let Saudi take credit for it. Win-Win. Israel gets Iran to back off, Saudi gets to play big dog in the region.

In return for doing the dirty work and not taking credit, Israel would expect Saudi to, and encourage others to, cool support for the PLO. Media in that part of the world doesn't work the same way it does here. An offical push agains the PLO from the crown would be really big in the region.

This isn't one of those global economy things. This is a region of the globe that has been fighting for thousands of years. The smartest thing we can do is try to influence it from the outside.

Unfortunately we don't always do the smartest thing. And that's not a D or an R at 1600 Pennsylvania thing. It's a decades old problem that crosses the aisle.

Wood2Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2017
    Baltimore MD
    Perhaps the sanctions are the reason they're posturing? If my hunch is correct, the sanctions are causing the general population to get antsy, and rightly focusing their frustrations on their, uh, "leaders." If they don't manufacture a crisis to unite the people against "the enemy" they risk another uprising, one they might not survive again.

An uprising would be great, but I believe the general population is so beaten down, they aren’t likely to try. The theocracy isn’t going to change because the people are frustrated. They’ll just become more oppressive. Using Islam to control the masses has been very effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Iran is run by petulant children who lash-out when they aren’t getting enough attention.

Timeout (sanctions) didn’t work, maybe it’s time for a spanking...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    As long as that spanking doesn’t come from us. None of our blood and none of our money or resources.

Maybe they’ll bite of more than can chew from some country they think they run rough shod and over and they’ll end up getting embarrassed. That would be great! If we whoop them well, not completely unexpected. Get beat by the underdog, that would do them well.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    As long as that spanking doesn’t come from us. None of our blood and none of our money or resources.

Maybe they’ll bite of more than can chew from some country they think they run rough shod and over and they’ll end up getting embarrassed. That would be great! If we whoop them well, not completely unexpected. Get beat by the underdog, that would do them well.
    Iran has no compunctions about using it's people as cannon fodder. See Iran Iraq war. There will be a decades long war in iran with near peer middle east powers. It would only end if the people rise up or there was some negotiated settlement.

We absolutely dont need troops on the ground in a combat situation INSIDE Iran. This said there are ways to easily cripple Iran from a distance with massive air strikes that only the US could do or could provide the resources for another country to prosecute. Once that's done the middle eastern forces would have an easier time. I think the more desired outcome would be revolution inside Iran not an all out troops on the ground war. Anyones troops.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The U.S. government does get a big cut of all military hardware sales, either above the table, or below it. Why did we fight the war in Viet Nam ? To show off all of our weapons to sell to the former colonies of the British Empire who were just gaining their independence, and needed to start up a new army, navy, or air force. Do I sound cynical ? Why else would we (I mean the U.S. government) fight a long war and not even TRY to win it all the while coming out with newer more deadly weapons ? And still did not win.
    I thought we were in Vietnam to bail out the French & for the rubber plantations so we had cheap tires.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I thought we were in Vietnam to bail out the French & for the rubber plantations so we had cheap tires.
    No no no. That's a different conspiracy all together. Must not have received the latest edition of black helo times.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I think it’s a mistake to underestimate the Iranians. For some reason we’ve allowed them to get away with all sorts of horrible atrocities without serious retaliation. I don’t know why.

The only Iranian I’ve ever known was a friend from junior high. He ended up being a millionaire and he married my junior high crush. He’s obviously a lot smarter than me. His name is Sardar Biglari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX

Cheap T-Shirts, obviously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    All this talk about lack of Saudi military power. That's why I suggested sneaking Israel in there. Let them do the dirty work and let Saudi take credit for it. Win-Win. Israel gets Iran to back off, Saudi gets to play big dog in the region.

In return for doing the dirty work and not taking credit, Israel would expect Saudi to, and encourage others to, cool support for the PLO. Media in that part of the world doesn't work the same way it does here. An offical push agains the PLO from the crown would be really big in the region.

This isn't one of those global economy things. This is a region of the globe that has been fighting for thousands of years. The smartest thing we can do is try to influence it from the outside.

Unfortunately we don't always do the smartest thing. And that's not a D or an R at 1600 Pennsylvania thing. It's a decades old problem that crosses the aisle.
    Saudi Arabia is not going to let Israel in, sneaking or otherwise.

You are barred from entry into the kingdom of Saud if you have ever been to Israel. Not kidding. Israeli stamp in your passport, all access to Saudi revoked. IQAMAs, Aramco credentials, work visas, kaput.

If you are working in Saudi and wish to visit Israel , let them know at entry that you work in Saudi and they will give you a separate ,stamped sheet of paper to carry in your passport.

Top Bottom