• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Ordered a small window AC unit from Walmart. Everything was going fine until Friday when the tracking went screwy. I can't really figure out what's going on here.

Austin, TX,
    United States
    08/17/2015 6:40 A.M. We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay.

Austin, TX, United States
    08/14/2015 10:04 P.M. After the delivery was made, the sender reported the package was damaged. / All merchandise is being returned. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.

08/14/2015 3:31 P.M. Your package was damaged in transit. We will notify the sender with details.
    Capitol Armory ad

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Bozz quick question... how much did you spend on the window unit? The reason I asked was, you can buy a 12K-14KBTU 120v Portable Heatpump unit that will cool and heat a 400-500 sq ft room, anyroom.... They run 350-450$ on average.

$(KGrHqRHJBIE9tHo6uT+BPiZrCgkOw~~60_57.jpg

Last edited:

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Wow that sucks. On a good note it was caught before they just dumped it on your door and left you to file the claim yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Bozz quick question... how much did you spend on the window unit? The reason I asked was, you can buy a 12K-14KBTU 120v Portable Heatpump unit that will cool and heat a 400-500 sq ft room, anyroom.... They run 350-450$ on average.

$(KGrHqRHJBIE9tHo6uT+BPiZrCgkOw~~60_57.jpg

Yeah, it's just a 5k btu unit. Just to serve as back-up if the central AC goes out on a hot Summer day at 6pm on Friday. You know that's when it always happens. Then you wait for them to show up Monday or Tuesday. At least it will cool the bedroom.

Anyway, it was $126 with free shipping. That portable unit looks like a good idea. No installation required. Where do find one of those?

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Wow that sucks. On a good note it was caught before they just dumped it on your door and left you to file the claim yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit happens. As ^^^ previously noted ^^^ at least they're dealing with it without dumping it on you.

I guess they are dealing with it. I can't figure out if they are talking about the same item, or the new item. The one that was incorrectly sorted.

And how in the world does the sender notify them, after the delivery, that the item was damaged? Totally confusing. Maybe it will show up tomorrow. I hope it's not damaged, LOL.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    They have quite a few Portable heatpumps on Ebay or even Amazon. I have 2 of them stored away for emergency purposes. They will run off of a 2000 watt portable generator if times ever got ugly....

Have you tested yours? I just looked at 3 or 4 on Amazon. Looks like a 50/50 chance of getting a good one.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've had one of the portables for a few years now as back up as well, works in the master bedroom just fine....

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Have you tested yours? I just looked at 3 or 4 on Amazon. Looks like a 50/50 chance of getting a good one.
    I bought the LG brand units and they work great. If you stick with name brand or someone whom has been making them for a while you should be ok. The LG units I have were 500$ shipped on sale. The price is a bit higher than others but LG usually stands behind their warranty.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    FYI..... I went and pulled up 20 reviews for 2-3 different units for sale on Amazon. I have to say that most of those folks that left that feedback were MORONS!! LOL!! First off you cannot and will not get a 100 degree room comfortable in a few hrs with one of these portables units. You cannot turn in on and off periodically while trying to cool just 1 room in your house. Trying to cool a garage is another hard thing to do but ONLY with the door closed!! LOL again. Cooling an area is easy to do if you know how. These units were designed for portability 1st and provide cool/heat second. in using one of these units in a room, close windows/blinds, keep the door closed. Turn the unit on in the am and let the room get cool well before it gets so damn hot outside, Then the room will maintain. I always laugh when folks tell me they cannot get their a/c to work or cool their homes. Only after finding out they turn the a/c off all day while they are both at work, and then once home turn it back on at 5-6pm and try to cool down a 120 degree house. LOL set stat to say 80 degrees while at work and then all you are trying to cool down is 5 degrees or so...

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    I call that UPS company "Oops". Once ordered a disk drive from Irving to be shipped to Plano. last scan had it on a truck heading to Albuquerque. Of course it never arrived anywhere. it was just scanned onto the truck, but went into someone's pocket. Similar thing happened to some memory chips. In both cast the vendor was out having to resend the merchandise.

Final straw was when I decided to have my own booth at a trade show. By the time I rented the booth, bought electricity ($150 for 3 days!!), bought travel, supplies, and display equipment I was out close enough to $10 grand. Sizeable investment to get my company some exposure. I shipped the display unit via Oops, which NEVER ARRIVED. I managed to get some safety pins and pinned my charts to the curtains in the booth. No lighting, and had to scrounge some last-minute stands for business cards and brochures. A most professional first appearance..... :rocket:

It wasn't until 2 weeks later Oops called me and said they found my box, still in Mesquite. Only refund I got was for the 2-day service shipping costs.

FedEx has NEVER lost a box for me, and only once was late on a 2-day shipment. Guess who gets all my voluntary business? If I have a choice, it will NEVER be Oops.

Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    Yeah, it's just a 5k btu unit. Just to serve as back-up if the central AC goes out on a hot Summer day at 6pm on Friday. You know that's when it always happens. Then you wait for them to show up Monday or Tuesday. At least it will cool the bedroom.

Anyway, it was $126 with free shipping. That portable unit looks like a good idea. No installation required. Where do find one of those?

You can find them at Lowes, Home Depot, Wally World. pretty much all the big name stores carry a few brands

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Well, the AC unit that was damaged in transit has been returned and delivered back to Walmart. They are issuing me a refund. Maybe I will shop around for one of those 12k btu portables. I don't know for sure. Decision time.

Hmm, now I wonder if the refund will go through since the card I used has been blocked due to being compromised Tuesday. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    Well, the AC unit that was damaged in transit has been returned and delivered back to Walmart. They are issuing me a refund. Maybe I will shop around for one of those 12k btu portables. I don't know for sure. Decision time.

Hmm, now I wonder if the refund will go through since the card I used has been blocked due to being compromised Tuesday. Sheesh.
    also take a look at the EER - Energy Efficiency Rating. The higher the number the better

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    also take a look at the EER - Energy Efficiency Rating. The higher the number the better

True. I If the unit was going to be used on a full time basis, the EER would become a factor. This was going to be a back-up to the central system, just for the time when it goes down, and the repairman can't make it for a couple of days.

Top Bottom