• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You need to be careful what you ship and to where. A few years ago a buddy shipped some mags from TX to his Dad in CA. Next thing he knows the FBI was knocking at his door. Finally decided he was just mistaken and not a criminal.
    My brother wanted me to ship him some mags, I said no. I didn't want to visit him in prison. I don't think the FBI would get involved as it is another California law and not a federal law. I could be wrong though.
    Capitol Armory ad

rdrllcinc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    Katy, TX
    I went to my local UPS store earlier to send a magazine to someone and when asked what was in the package, told them "an empty magazine". The clerk asked me if it was for a gun, and I said yes. She said because they were just a franchise, they could not ship any firearms parts. I asked for a manager, and the manager agreed they could not ship the magazine. I thought this was just so crazy...
    Machined parts is the answer......

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Got this response from UPS corporate last week. Thought I’d share:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting The UPS Store corporate headquarters. UPS prohibits The UPS Store locations and other third party shippers from shipping certain items including firearms, firearm accessories, alcohol and tobacco.

For more information about shipping these items directly with UPS, please call 1-800-742-5877 or visit www.ups.com.

Sincerely,

The UPS Store, Inc.
    Customer Relations Department
    1-800-789-4623”

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Bottom line for me is that UPS Store is a store that has rules, and I’m not going to stretch the truth or get creative just to get around them. I’ll simply take my business elsewhere.

I’m not judging or telling anyone else what to do...y’all do you, and I’ll do what I feel I need to do.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Rule #1 - your business is your business and none of theirs.
    I would have said "nothing illegal, prohibited or dangerous to ship".
    You can cite privacy since they have no need to know precisely what's in there - only that it's legal for you to ship and no danger to the shipper.
    Would you feel comfortable telling them it's your dad's Rolex being sent in for repair?

cwo4uscgret

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    near the Alamo
    One of the first things I did before I shipped a firearm off to an FFL in another state, a gunsmith, or manufacturer is to find the closest FEDEX or UPS "Corporate" Store. Because I have had those issues of "we're a franchise operation and can't ship it" the corporate store is the only way I'll ship. Here in San Antonio, not more the 15 minutes from the house is one at 1604 and Bulverde.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Rule #1 - your business is your business and none of theirs.
    I would have said "nothing illegal, prohibited or dangerous to ship".
    You can cite privacy since they have no need to know precisely what's in there - only that it's legal for you to ship and no danger to the shipper.
    Would you feel comfortable telling them it's your dad's Rolex being sent in for repair?

1. If I’m shipping with them, their rules. Not worth it to me to not abide.

2. I’d say “it’s a watch” and insure it accordingly.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I always tell the idiots at UPS that it is a piece of metal sculpture. Art work type. They never ask any more....

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    The counter clerk at the UPS Customer Center in Texarkana, AR refused to accept a C&R rifle being shipped by me to a C&R FFL holder this afternoon. She said that UPS only ships to FFLs at business addresses and not to collectors at residential addresses. She was adamant about it even though I have shipped firearms through UPS, including C&R guns going to residential addresses before (including when she was the clerk who handled at least one of those C&R shipments). This woman changes the rules every now and again when I ship through UPS here. When I was insistent it was UPS policy, that is clearly stated on the UPS website, to accept shipments to C&R holders, she got argumentative and then haughtily asked if I wanted a supervisor as if that was some sort of a threat. I told her to please call a supervisor. She did make the call and while we waited for one to show up, I brought up the website on my phone showing that indeed UPS does accept such shipments. I was going to show it to the supervisor if she was of the same anti-ilk as the clerk seemed to be. After about 10 minutes of waiting, and no supervisor showing up, the clerk took it upon herself to look it up on the UPS website; then without the supervisor ever showing up, she accepted the shipment. It is pretty lamentable when the customer knows the company rules better than does the company's employee. What a pain in the arse but such, I suppose, is the influence of the anti's being in total control in DC.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Remember that the Twin Sisters (the cannons used at the Battle of San Jacinto) were shipped to Texas (from the citizens of Cincinnati, Ohio) in boxes labeled, "Hollow ware" (which would typically refer to jars or vases). They were, of course, hollow, so it wasn't a lie.

"Detachable storage and feeding system"
    "Spring loaded container"
    "Non-integral feed system part number xxxx"
    "Sheet metal (or plastic) assemblies, with spring"
    I'll say it again: art supplies.
    Since many guns ARE art, this, too, is not a lie. You don't really need to be more specific than that.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Yeah I always lie to ups. Last time I shipped magazines I called them battery holders.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom