• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbabb

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Missouri City
    Don't ship UPS - I have had enough trouble with these fucks for this year. Ask anyone you're purchasing a firearm from to ship FedEx or USPS.

I recently had a customer lose 1000 rounds of ammo to UPS theft - driver replaced ammo with another package, resealed box and left it on his doorstep.

This evening I was forced to report 4 stolen AR lowers to both ATF and the seller / shipper. A hole was kicked in the side of a large shipment of receivers and the handler helped himself to a few brand new Aero lowers.

If you come across the following serial numbers, they are to be considered STOLEN firearms:

Mfg: Aero Precision
    Model: X15
    Type: Receiver
    Serial Numbers:
    - AR89503
    - AR89504
    - AR89506
    - AR89507

ARJ Defense ad

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Haven't had any theft problems from the carriers, but hear of it happening enough that sooner or later..........

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have had numerous failures from most American carriers and the USPS.
    There are 300 Million people in the country.
    It's obvious the companies don't care one whit about what you send.

chuckfw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Willow Park
    A lot of items get stolen from peoples front porch because UPS leaves things right in front of the door. Usually that area can be seen from the street as someone drives by. I have only had a package stolen once, that was enough for me. For shipping instructions, I now always ask them to leave it behind the bushes.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    For shipping instructions, I now always ask them to leave it behind the bushes.
    For shipping instructions, I now always ask them to leave it at the easily-accessible-but-not-visible-from-the-street back door.

Those instructions have never been followed.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Well it just so happens that UPS got you. I bet you can find 1000's of stories of about the same thing happening with all carriers.

So I guess you need to give up shipping or receiving stuff.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Heaven forbid you file an insurance claim with them...this guy got hosed out of a $10k engine

https://thegarage.jalopnik.com/how-ups-screwed-a-popular-youtube-car-guy-out-of-10-00-1738255686

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HOLY CRAP... This is why I always double the insurance value of my packages... it seems like a lot of money up front, but if it was a 10k engine, I totally would have put insurance for 20k... How they managed to auction the SOB off ... WOW... I would have been livid.

RadioHack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    I once sent off a Sig to Sig's Custom Shop, when it came back it was suppossed to be an adult signature... It all worked out.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    HOLY CRAP... This is why I always double the insurance value of my packages... it seems like a lot of money up front, but if it was a 10k engine, I totally would have put insurance for 20k... How they managed to auction the SOB off ... WOW... I would have been livid.
    Before you spend extra on insurance look into it. Most carriers are not going to pay more than what they determine is the value of what you ship. A UPS a**hole once told me he would not allow any insurance on an antique handgun, because they would have to pay me in cash as antique guns are hard to find. And we wonder why they are big poop brown.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Holy hell. I think the only way I'd handle that kind of money would be to wire it.
    The 2 locations were around 300 miles apart, 6 hours one way according to directions.

Yeah, I would have driven that far to get that kind of money, even if it was in Canadian currency.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Haven't had any theft problems from the carriers, but hear of it happening enough that sooner or later..........

I wrote the above post on August 22nd.....After hurricane Harvey on August 25th....I will never, ever use UPS by choice again......long story...but UPS will always be the Big Brown Turd to me......

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    The 2 locations were around 300 miles apart, 6 hours one way according to directions.

Yeah, I would have driven that far to get that kind of money, even if it was in Canadian currency.

Yeah, but still get a bank draft, cheque or something. Anything but getting pulled over in a piece of shit town with a bucket of cash in your car.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom