Join TexasGunTalk

UPS theft - stolen receivers

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by jbabb, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Lunyfringe

Lunyfringe Well-Known

Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Agreed, I just wouldn't want that out of my sight.

2. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What did they do during hurricane Harvey?

3. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    USPS and FedEx were running in 3 days after the hurricane.....UPS didn't start running in our area for 3 weeks......in the interim, they returned all packages to the shippers telling us the shippers had requested their return, which was a lie. When the distributors (or anyone else that used UPS) received our packages back, they resent them, only to be returned again.......One of the gals in Corpus told me I couldn't pick up my packages there because the shipper had requested their return, which was a lie......she then told me it was too dangerous for their drivers to deliver here and she knew because she lived in Rockport and drove to Corpus every day........so......a secretary can brave the dangerous drive every day to go to work at UPS in Corpus, but the professional union drivers couldn't make the same trip because it was too dangerous......uh.....yeah......right......

I wasn't the only one of course....many, many folks here complained about UPS's failure of our community....when FedEx stepped up...UPS stepped back......

I also learned (from the UPS drivers) that the dumbasses in charge in Corpus had decided to move their servers form Corpus to save them from the Hurricane and moved them............to Houston....what a brilliant move......instead of sending them 2.5 hours away to Laredo......

I could go on......I wrote a letter naming names of those in charge here and the name of the young lady that blatantly lied to me to the CEO of UPS......certified mail.......still no response to this day......

So, UPS will never get any of my business if I have a choice.......ever.....

apologies for the hijack/rant....

addendum.......some of the packages that were returned were emergency parts for our generators which were desperately needed.....

Darkpriest667 likes this.
  4. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    but...but...
    Ups-logistics-logo-515x160.jpg

:roflfunny:

5. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Well-Known

Jan 13, 2017
    Fort Worth

I didn't think it was hijacking. I thought it was relevant to the thread topic.

6. mx711yam

mx711yam New Member

Feb 24, 2018
    liberty hill
    Not gun related but I had UPS steal 2 football tickets worth over 700 dollars last season. Sad.

7. ZIG

ZIG Member

Sep 16, 2018
    Sugar Land
    There were incidences that USPS left packages that requires signature just at my front porch and the website shows recipient signed for it. A few months ago USPS left 2 boxes while the tracking shows 3 boxes were delivered. Often I saw online shows package left in mailbox and found them at my front door.
    What I did was I replaced my old doorbell with a video doorbell called “ring”, which you can buy from Amazon or Costco and many other relaxers. I pay about $3 each months to have the video footage stores online. It has motion sensor, two way speaker and can be accessed from your cellphone through WiFi. If something happens, I have proof at least to show whether it was stolen or whether the driver was lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667 likes this.
  8. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Well-Known

Jan 13, 2017
    Fort Worth
    I have ring as well one camera and a doorbell and they are wonderful for this exact thing

Davetex likes this.
  9. DD130

DD130 Active Member

Aug 21, 2017
    San Antonio
    They lost one of my jetski engines for the entire summer a few decades back. I filed a claim, had to wait out their payout timeout, and of course.. on the last day, when I was about to get the check, they *find* the package. Pretty sure they had been using it as a door stop. The greased bag keeping the engine from water damage was perforated, the box looked like they'd tossed it off the loading dock more than once... didn't get a penny of the shipping costs back and I basically missed out on a summer of watercraft fun.

I just recently sold property in WA and asked the escrow company to overnight the proceeds. They used UPS. It took 3 days to get here and they just tossed the envelope on the doorstep. Thank goodness the wind was not howling that day.

I hate when people ship me stuff via UPS...

10. Kingarthur777

Kingarthur777 Active Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    The older ones drop off. The older ones hate listening to a GSD go nuts when they ring the bell.