Join TexasGunTalk

UPS vs FedEx

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 40Arpent, Sep 9, 2013.

1. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If you go to the FedEx website, you are asked to choose your country location. The list is alphabetical, with the first country listed being Afghanistan. On the UPS website, the list is also alphabetical, but they have tweaked it so the US is first on the list. I like that. UPS > FedEx :cool:

2. rsayloriii

rsayloriii TGT Addict

May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    USPS > than both ... at least as far as when I've gotten packages delivered; always tends to be faster when shipped through the post office. That's only on delivery ... if we delve deeper, then that's a whole other story ...

3. reddog

reddog Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Man out here in SW Texas FedEx means you'll never get your package! Lamest group of drivers I've ever seen, if they don't feel like driving out to your house that day they'll leave the package at the local Legion for you!!! UPS on the other hand has the most kickazz driver, this guy will drive to the end of the earth to get you your package, UPS A+A+A+

4. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Had GOOD and BAD experience with both. But I have to agree with rsayloriii.....USPS is my favorite. We get no mail at residence and the P.O. Box is great if you're out of town. You know mail is secure. PLUS!!! About 2-years ago our Post Office started offering package drop of service from both FedEx and UPS. On orders that won't allow shipping to a P.O. Box.....I just use the Post Office street address and our box number. Works great.

5. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    FedEx sucks balls...

6. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I really don't like Fed Ex ground. They don't even make an attempt to knock on the door. I understand that it's probably because the service isn't requested by the shipper, but leaving a package at my door in an apartment complex's public breezeway just seems ridiculous. I do prefer UPS or USPS to my box if possible.

7. TundraWookiee

TundraWookiee Scruffy Nerf Herder TGT Supporter

Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I use both daily at work and avoid FedEx like the plague. UPS hands down.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

8. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Which is the best for shipping firearms?

9. Anger

Anger Well-Known

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  10. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I ordered $260 worth of freeze dried emergency food which was shipped by Fed-Ex. They showed delivery but it never arrived HERE!. The shipper filed a claim, they asked me questions about my home and neighbors but the food is still missing. The shipper has my money, FedEx has my food and I'm stuck exactly in the middle with my thumb up my butt!

Sorry but I'm not too impressed with FedEx because the buyer gets the raw end of it. There's no need to hurry and this garbage may take 10 days! Today is day 5.

I've never had any sort of problem with UPS and have been using them for over 20 years.

This simply sucks!

Flash