• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    ... I have had customers call in and say that their tracking shows the package was delivered and they say they were home but nothing was delivered...nobody even knocked...

I've had that more times than not. Be waiting all day for a package and never hear a knock ... must be chunking it onto the porch from the next county over ...
    Hurley's Gold

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    UPS has union drivers (Teamsters). With FEDEX I believe, the drivers own the routes/trucks (or someone owns the routes/trucks and pays someone to drive them).

Who's the best to use for guns? I used to ship through an LGS, but that isn't an option anymore.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    The other week I had 220lbs of 5.56 delivered. Was suppose to sign for it and I was home studying for a test. I just happened to open door to get a book out of my car and there were 7 boxes sitting at the doorstep. I could have claim that they were never delivered since I paid the .99 for insurance. This was FEDEX

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If you ship a gun through FedEx or UPS and you insure it for it's value, you will pay dearly for a pistol valued at $700 or more. If I'm buying or selling a pistol of that value dealing with someone within a 100 mile radius, it's really cheaper to drive half way to meet them than it is to ship, and a hell of a lot more secure.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The UPS tracking on my freeze dried food shows "Out for delivery" today. Fedex lost the package and never said a word about what happened to it. The new shipment is via UPS. So far, this little goof up has cost me 9 days from the recorded delivery of the package by Fedex until today. With storms in the Gulf, I take that pretty seriously! Fedex operation in my area is a circus.

Flash

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I was under the impression that it was supposed to be that way. I am going to call them to see about the fee's. Can anyone chime in on the "next day air"?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    When I had to ship my revolver back to the manufacterer, they said it had to go next day air because it's a pistol. Had it been a rifle, I don't believe it's the same requirements.

sent from deep space

Top Bottom