• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Its a few miles from the house and I doubt we'll ever shoot there.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Am I reading this right?
    They pulled in 17+ million dollars just on initiation fees plus $460,000 a month for membership fees and that doesn't include range fees either!!! And that is just for the VIP clients!!

Awesome!!!

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Wow, that's $2700 a year just to be a basic member, not including range fees!

I won't complain about my club's $100 a year membership anymore.....of course we don't have a executive chef either, just a greasy grimy dilapidated bbq grill

Just read on their website that Dave Berryhill is their resident gunsmith. That is good news he is an excellent 1911 'smith.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    https://www.friscogunclubinc.com/

Looks Nice!

Grand-Opening-3.jpg

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    You don't go to these joints to plink at paper. Could do that at any range, maybe in the backyard or even a junkyard.

These places are for kissing CEO or Board of Directors ass. The fees are a drop in the bucket if kissing the right ass gets you investors or business partners.

Same as playing golf, going on African safari, whatever else the deal makers do to network with potential benefactors.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Its interesting. Rich folks do stuff like this. My only concern is if the cost of guns/ammo/range time is ever artificially driven up to these levels.

I doubt it. IIRC the same guy that owns this is the one that bought and owns Bullet Trap on Ave "K" in Plano. That place made some quick changes for the better after he bought them.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    That facility is truly state of the art. Down to 24 hour biometric access and corporate function meeting room private range... And if you think that's nuts... Look at what's coming to Roanoke:

Advanced gun works

3ebusa6y.jpg

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Holy shit.... Let's do some fun math. Assuming no one else joins and the numbers in the article are correct-

$7500 initiation fee times 2300 sign ups = $17,250,000.00

$200 monthly charge times 2300 members =$460,000.00 per month of dues received (that's 5,520,000.00 per year)

Plus you know they'll probably charge you if you bring more than a certain number of guests.

Plus you figure they're going to make a killing selling guns, ammo, gear, targets, training, gun smithing, special private events, valet, cigars, possible cigar lockers for rent, food, beverages, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Plus they're going to get a lot of free brass out of the deal.

Plus you figure, does the $7500 fee plus $200 a month attract customers who are more serious about guns, thus potentially they are safer customers, thus potentially their liability insurance may remain at a decent rate if they have smaller numbers of NDs compared to regular-folk ranges? More of a question than an absolute statement of fact.

Plus you figure that type of customer is going to know others who have that kind of money to spend.

Grumper is right, there will be plenty of business folks in there doing deals and entertaining customers which will more than make it worth their while.

Sounds like a gold mine. What am I missing here?

Top Bottom