• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    "SAN ANTONIO – The U.S. Army will be conducting military training exercises in certain parts of the downtown and the central area of San Antonio this week, according to the San Antonio Police Department."

Apparently there were operations at the Alamodome last night.
    Guns International

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    We had an old dog track by the prison I worked at. A bitch to search during an escape but that's a different story.

Anyways one year the army did some training. No one warned us ahead of time it was supposed to happen so it was a bit of a surprise.

12 to 15 black hawks landed a shitload of soldiers. They came in low over the prison and did a full combat assault with soldiers roping onto the roof of the track, landing and shutting down I10 and everything else. This was like 8am one sunday morning. They even had Apaches circling in support.

I'm assuming the deployed from Luke AFB although we do have a NG helicopter base by the phoenix zoo that has that type and quantity of aircraft.

The inmates going to breakfast were like wtf? Hell I didnt know it was training till after the fact but assumed it was, still I said 2 dudes took off from the parking lot crew with the wardens car. Hes pissed and has got family connections who are green berets. I bet they will regret that choice. Dont know weather they believed me but certainly thought about it for a while.

This could have caused us issues cause they shut down all the roads and it delayed some people getting to the prison for visitation for the morning session. That pissed off some inmates.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    JADE HELM II?!? Just kidding! :cool:

Pictures and video of Delta Force operators and 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment helicopters conducting exercises in San Antonio have been posted all over social media!

1660177308769.png

1660177326591.png

1660177344281.png

1660177437210.png

I'm just disappointed I missed it!

Or did I?!? ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom