• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    As the nonsense continues, Vanessa Williams will sing the so-called Black National Anthem at the US Capitol 4th of July celebration.

While 88% of the US population are non black, the celebration is somehow ignoring national anthems for the Chinese, Filipino, Mexican and Native American residents of our nation.

Kind of like the tv commercials where 88% of the population are overshadowed by the 12% that the corporate leftists pander to.

ARJ Defense ad

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    I won’t say much.
    Don’t want the ban hammer.
    Seems here some are allowed to “comment” and others not so much.

f7ea5e6024851bf479cae532eaeba665.png

Wonder what VICTORY they be trying to win.

And technically US is not their native land.

Happy 4th my fellow Americans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I won’t say much.
    Don’t want the ban hammer.
    Seems here some are allowed to “comment” and others not so much.

f7ea5e6024851bf479cae532eaeba665.png

Wonder what VICTORY they be trying to win.

And technically US is not their native land.

Happy 4th my fellow Americans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One can say the so called black national anthem is stupid. The marxist bullshit stoking the division is stupid and a direct threat to our country. Regardless of the color of the people using the marxist tactics it's still marxism. Weather it me radical black or brown folks or the Klan in the first half of the 20th century and earlier, nazis or antifa today. Regardless of their pet reasons they are all Marxist trash. Dehumanizing groups. Pitting groups against others for their pet causes.

Plenty of folks discuss these topics without issue.
    You keep getting banned cause you are a racist POS and cont go but a couple weeks without your sheet slipping out of your pants.

Trash like you is no different than the Marxist trash stoking division. You all are the same regardless of color. That must really piss you off, to be compared to that which you hate so much.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Oh Gee Whiz I failed to tune into our regimes anthem battle.
    Never heard a note or even missed a beat. Could not care less.
    Listened to nothing the political class or their media mouth pieces said.
    I celebrated the real America. The beef ribs were perfect and the potato salad was great.
    I did in a quiet moment thank those that sacrificed so much to make The United States.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    There is only one official national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner.

Does America have 2 national anthems?
    There is one official national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner, and several patriotic songs, which are not official anthems.

Customs and federal law

Plaque detailing how the custom of standing during the U.S. national anthem came about in Tacoma, Washington, on October 18, 1893, in the Bostwick building
    When the U.S. national anthem was first recognized by law in 1931, there was no prescription as to behavior during its playing. On June 22, 1942, the law was revised indicating that those in uniform should salute during its playing, while others should simply stand at attention, men removing their hats. The same code also required that women should place their hands over their hearts when the flag is displayed during the playing of the national anthem, but not if the flag was not present. On December 23, 1942, the law was again revised instructing men and women to stand at attention and face in the direction of the music when it was played. That revision also directed men and women to place their hands over their hearts only if the flag was displayed. Those in uniform were required to salute. On July 7, 1976, the law was simplified. Men and women were instructed to stand with their hands over their hearts, men removing their hats, irrespective of whether or not the flag was displayed and those in uniform saluting. On August 12, 1998, the law was rewritten keeping the same instructions, but differentiating between "those in uniform" and "members of the Armed Forces and veterans" who were both instructed to salute during the playing whether or not the flag was displayed. Because of the changes in law over the years and confusion between instructions for the Pledge of Allegiance versus the National Anthem, throughout most of the 20th century many people simply stood at attention or with their hands folded in front of them during the playing of the Anthem, and when reciting the Pledge they would hold their hand (or hat) over their heart. After 9/11, the custom of placing the hand over the heart during the playing of the national anthem became nearly universal.[71][72][73]

Since 1998, federal law (viz., the United States Code 36 U.S.C. § 301) states that during a rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present including those in uniform should stand at attention; non-military service individuals should face the flag with the right hand over the heart; members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present and not in uniform may render the military salute; military service persons not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note. The law further provides that when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed. Military law requires all vehicles on the installation to stop when the song is played and all individuals outside to stand at attention and face the direction of the music and either salute, in uniform, or place the right hand over the heart, if out of uniform. The law was amended in 2008, and since allows military veterans to salute out of uniform, as well

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom