• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m squared

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    iowa
    constituion prohibits military operating in country without legislative approval. posse commatatus. schools no longr teach the constituion as it was written . joe mccarthy was rigth,but was to late.we now wave communist elected to house and senate of u.s.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    McCarthy... yup, everyone knows black listing, tribunals, curtailing of rights like freedom of speech, freedom to congregate, etc... that's VERY American.

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Old Man of the Mountain.....

Don’t know much about Wisconsin, other than it is one of two most liberal – antigun States in the Union. I am a 5th Generation Texans whose lineage goes back to the Republic of Texas. Here in Texas we refer to Wisconsin as Yankees and the initials DNR stand for “Do Not Resuscitate”.

As for Texas: Yes, a Peace Officer/Law Enforcement Officer has the right to disarm a Citizen anytime that officer feels that it is a safety issue… No “Probable Cause” necessary. However, the officer must give the firearm back to that citizen after they have finished with them… IF there is nothing that the officer can hold them for. Failure to do so is called theft of a firearm. That is illegal even for a police officer.

Here is the BIG issue that some of you reading this might not even know: If you have not read the laws concerning firearms, handguns, concealed handguns, or use of deadly force in the last 2 years (September 2007), then you have no clue about Texas State Law. If you think that “Traveling” means “Two or more Counties”, then you are “Out of Date”.

Here is the bottom line about Peace Officers and Citizens with Guns: The Difference between an LEO and a Citizen is not Power and Authority, but Jurisdiction. That said; don’t go doing something stupid like putting red lights on your auto. What that means is: the Castle Doctrine makes you the King of your castle (not anyone else’s). Think of it more as “You are the senior law enforcement officer of yourself and your personal property”. Also be aware of the fact that; if a peace officer cannot do it, neither should you. When considering what you would do when dealing with a crime, consider it from the viewpoint of how an “off duty” peace officer would deal with the same problem if he/she was on vacation and in a different State. They would call for the department that has Jurisdiction.

The real problem with our society is that we have created an “US vs THEM” attitude when dealing with Cops and citizens rights. That has created more problems than anything else. Cops and Citizens should be working much closer together in crime prevention. The responsibility for that break down is shared by both groups. Cops get big egos and lose sight of their mission, and civilians lose sight of their responsibility to police their own selves. As Cops egos grow it increases apprehensions in civilians. As citizens become more apathetic towards what’s going on in their society, Cops are forced to take a more authoritative roll in dealing with crime. It is a vicious cycle that perpetuates itself… until some rookie cop at an Oakland, Ca., BART station stands up and executes someone that he is sworn to protect.

If “We the People” don’t get a handle on this soon, there will be even more bloodshed and, like the War Between the States, we will all be shooting and killing our own brothers and sisters. Stop the insanity and start using your heads, people!!!

The true test of good policing is in the absence of crime, not in how well they deal with it when it happens. (Sir Robert Peel)

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    constituion prohibits military operating in country without legislative approval. posse commatatus. schools no longr teach the constituion as it was written . joe mccarthy was rigth,but was to late.we now wave communist elected to house and senate of u.s.

I see they're passing around the the crack pipe as you walk in the door today.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Every one of them states up there in that Union is one of the most Liberal States in the Union!

An honest law abiding Citizen is a Civilian, and so are the Police. Way back when I was a kid, ALL the Police had the idea that they were on the side of us law abiding Citizens, some of them still do, wish they all did.

Mr. Barrett made his point after the State of Commiefornia decided to deny the Lawful Right of their Citizens to buy .50 caliber rifles, he was approached to sell .50 caliber rifles to Police Agencies in Commiefornia, and he told them "I would like to, can't, it is not Legal to sell them to Civilians in Commiefornia, and Police Officers are not in the Military, they are Civilians!"

So far, Civilians still aren't allowed to buy a .50 caliber rifle in Commiefornia, eventhough our 2nd Amendment clearly states that they can.

Back when our Founding Fathers wrote our 2nd amendment, the ultimate firearm on the planet was a canon. There was private ownership of canons, our Founding Fathers were well aware of this, I think a few of them even owned canons but I can't remember who. There is no provision that states a Citizen many not own a canon, or any other firearm.

Right now there are honest law abiding Citizens in Federal Prisons who committed no crime, and broke no Law.

The Gun Grabbing Commies are making no attempt to take illegal firearms away from criminals, the Commies are openly going after Legal Firearms belonging to honest law abiding Citizens, and throwing some Citizens into Federal Prisons as an example to the rest of us.

The Commies will push their agenda wherever they can, in the Washington Government, a State Government, or at any other level.

The Commies don't want Citizens, the Commies want unarmed slaves!

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Let's not get personal.

I see they're passing around the the crack pipe as you walk in the door today.

JKTex….

Let’s not get personal. That does not help the cause. The posting by m squared shows that he has the right ideas, but may have difficulty putting them into words. The term, “posse commatatusis” is an important issue with the military and one of the biggest violations of the Constitution that occurred during Hurricane Katrina/Rita.

The problem was that the Military was sent in for “Humanitarian” reasons and got caught up in posse commatatus actions. The soldiers lost sight of their “true mission”. This was not an intentional act by the Military but a failure of training. They lost sight of what the true mission of the American Soldier is all about: Defending the “We the People” of this great nation.

A lot of the responsibility for that failure falls squarely on the shoulders of the Law Enforcement community in New Orleans. Notice that the New Orleans Police used more support officers from the Northeast U.S. than they did from adjoining States? States like New Jersey! Ever stop to wonder why?

The Constitution clearly states that the military will be “Subordinate” to the local authorities. However, that does not mean that soldiers can be used by the police for posse commatatus activities… as they were in New Orleans. The military was “Just following orders” from some ignorant “Civil Authorities”. That was quickly remedied as soon as the Generals arrived on scene.

To further the problem: the “Civil Authorities” in New Orleans were able to effectively use the media to let the military (and FEMA) take the blame for the entire failure; while New Orleans officials (to this date) profit from the theft of thousands of personal firearms.

That is why I personally boycott any activity that happens in New Orleans.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    McCarthy... yup, everyone knows black listing, tribunals, curtailing of rights like freedom of speech, freedom to congregate, etc... that's VERY American.

I'm still kinda new around here, but you seem to be some sort of an expert on Communism, you might have a real interest in what a KGB defector, Yuri Bezmenov, had to say on that very issue.

His little talk used to be neatly available in 9 segments but now is just chopped up in a lot of video segments.

If you take the time to watch them all you might find them very interesting.

YouTube - Bezmenov on demoralization in America

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    JKTex….

Let’s not get personal. That does not help the cause. The posting by m squared shows that he has the right ideas, but may have difficulty putting them into words. The term, “posse commatatusis” is an important issue with the military and one of the biggest violations of the Constitution that occurred during Hurricane Katrina/Rita.

The problem was that the Military was sent in for “Humanitarian” reasons and got caught up in posse commatatus actions. The soldiers lost sight of their “true mission”. This was not an intentional act by the Military but a failure of training. They lost sight of what the true mission of the American Soldier is all about: Defending the “We the People” of this great nation.

A lot of the responsibility for that failure falls squarely on the shoulders of the Law Enforcement community in New Orleans. Notice that the New Orleans Police used more support officers from the Northeast U.S. than they did from adjoining States? States like New Jersey! Ever stop to wonder why?

The Constitution clearly states that the military will be “Subordinate” to the local authorities. However, that does not mean that soldiers can be used by the police for posse commatatus activities… as they were in New Orleans. The military was “Just following orders” from some ignorant “Civil Authorities”. That was quickly remedied as soon as the Generals arrived on scene.

To further the problem: the “Civil Authorities” in New Orleans were able to effectively use the media to let the military (and FEMA) take the blame for the entire failure; while New Orleans officials (to this date) profit from the theft of thousands of personal firearms.

That is why I personally boycott any activity that happens in New Orleans.

If I am following you correctly, you are thinking like I am, that a lot of people did wrong and were to blame for what is an obvious and serious violation of American Law.

From what I can tell, all levels of government involved feel that no one is to blame.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I'm still kinda new around here, but you seem to be some sort of an expert on Communism, you might have a real interest in what a KGB defector, Yuri Bezmenov, had to say on that very issue.

His little talk used to be neatly available in 9 segments but now is just chopped up in a lot of video segments.

If you take the time to watch them all you might find them very interesting.

YouTube - Bezmenov on demoralization in America

Hmmm.... not an expert on Communism and the KGB, Just you're average intelligence analyst in the US Army.

BTW, watched the video clips, very interesting. Not a new concept to me though, I happen to work in a PsyOp Unit.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Hmmm.... not an expert on Communism and the KGB, Just you're average intelligence analyst in the US Army.

BTW, watched the video clips, very interesting. Not a new concept to me though, I happen to work in a PsyOp Unit.

Glad to hear that, my very best friend in the whole world did too.

He always put America first, so that cut his Military careerer short.

He is exactly what America needs, and exactly what the Washington Government fears! A true Patriot!

God bless you for what you probably endured!

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    If I am following you correctly, you are thinking like I am, that a lot of people did wrong and were to blame for what is an obvious and serious violation of American Law.

From what I can tell, all levels of government involved feel that no one is to blame.

Apathy and complacency Kills... and it is killing our country.

We live in a country were more than half of our High School Graduates don't even have a High School Level Education. A country where most people don't even know how many Amendments there are to the Constitution, much less what the Constitution actually is all about.

Do you know the difference between a thermometer and a thermostat? One responds to, and lets you know what the climate is. The other kicks into gear and changes the climate.

One positive thing this forum is accomplishing is that it has drawn free thinkers. That is a positive start, but if all we do is react to and talk about the climate, then we are part of the problem. Time to kick it into gear. Start by looking into what our forefathers wanted this country to be. May I suggest the King James Version for a start?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom