• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Thanks for posting. My circa 1998 590 slam fires and never had I thought the weapon was broken.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's like 10 paragraphs. Is that really difficult to read?

I read it, but...

You know what, I'm not that old or young, so I kind of understand the generation before and after me.

I find myself having a hard time reading anything longer than a few paragraphs. I'll scan it quickly and read what I want. I'll basically browse for key words.

It freaks me out. I bought the new Mark Levin book, I read a few pages and put it down. I need to get back into reading.

I know there is value in acquiring varied info quickly, but there is something to be said about deeper thoughts coming from more in depth examination.

Information "chunking" is now incredibly valuable as that really is how we acquire info in this age.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I think it was a very well written write-up. I like that it was coming from a guy who has had plenty of use with them overseas. He had a few good pointers that I'm going to follow.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Pretty good read. Hard to believe anyone thinks that's a long read.

tldr.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    He doesn't point them out as weaknesses, but the weaknesses of the shotgun are there if you read the whole thing, mostly the need to train working the action to avoid misfeeds and the ridiculously low capacity.

I think I'll stick to a rifle for HD.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    Sage, that's what I liked about this writeup; he never said anything like "Shotgunz r best HD!!!" etc. He just laid out his experiences and how he managed to make the best of what he had. Personally, I'd rather have 16 rounds of handgun and 30 rounds of rifle available.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sage, that's what I liked about this writeup; he never said anything like "Shotgunz r best HD!!!" etc. He just laid out his experiences and how he managed to make the best of what he had. Personally, I'd rather have 16 rounds of handgun and 30 rounds of rifle available.

Good point. Guess I just like having a black and white list of pros and cons in front of me. :D

Shotgun pros: Makes big holes in stuff hit hits.

Shotgun cons: F*cks up a lot, low capacity, high recoil...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I read it, but...

You know what, I'm not that old or young, so I kind of understand the generation before and after me.

I find myself having a hard time reading anything longer than a few paragraphs. I'll scan it quickly and read what I want. I'll basically browse for key words.

It freaks me out. I bought the new Mark Levin book, I read a few pages and put it down. I need to get back into reading.

I know there is value in acquiring varied info quickly, but there is something to be said about deeper thoughts coming from more in depth examination.

Information "chunking" is now incredibly valuable as that really is how we acquire info in this age.

The time spent on the Internet is affecting behavior (ADD).

Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    I think it was a very well written write-up. I like that it was coming from a guy who has had plenty of use with them overseas. He had a few good pointers that I'm going to follow.
    I read it. Great post and good info! I don't use a shotgun for HD, I actually prefer my AR, but my older daughter likes a shotgun. I'll pass it on to her.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom