• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knc1105

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    There is a youtube video we tried at the range with a bunch of shooting buddies, it works and it's simple. We have all sighted in like that now. We did not have to buy anything, and it works with any brand of red dot. We wanted to get our "Truck Carbines" and AK and AR pistols to accurately shoot further. I am guessing this will help any CQB set-up. The youtube video was - Use your Red Dot for instant holdover points-Insane Accuracy. Hope it helps you shot faster.
    Target Sports

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Very interesting. Makes me rethink my sight in on my red dot. I always shot open or peep sights too, don't know why I did not think of that. Makes sense.

From an idjit coffeeholic

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    So what do you guys think of this video of his????

Cliff notes version: Go from a 2.5 inch groups to under an inch by nothing more than using loctite to secure the muzzle device.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Cliff notes version: Go from a 2.5 inch groups to under an inch by nothing more than using loctite to secure the muzzle device.
    Uh... Sounds like the muzzle device was loose to begin with. I use to have an AK that would always loosen the brake as you shot. One day I forgot to tighten it before shooting. Never found the brake :laughing:

jbn7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    Hey guys we sighted in my dad’s behind the truck seat AR-15 with a red dot on it like they showed and it works! Man it was quick, I never thought a red dot could be shot that accurately at different distances. I watched the video on the Best AK and SKS mount and did that on my wife’s Tula SKS and it works and she loves it. We already had Tech Sights on it but that 3 MOA Bushnell TRS-25 was the ticket. I sighted in the irons and the red dot like the video said and she was ripping coke cans apart at a 100 yards, can’t wait to go night hog hunting with it.

knc1105

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Yes that video was a little long but they explained how to use---- different size red dots for different weapons--- to sight them in all exactly the same. So a Draco Mini, a PAP92, AR-15, AK-47, SKS etc,, could all be sighted in exactly the same and you would not have to remember from gun to gun what the holdover points are. In a stress situation I would not want to have to remember which firearm I had and what the points were, all would shoot the same. Everybody here has more than one weapon. Sorry if some folks don't like it, been visiting here for a while and wanted my first post to be something totally new and not be something that has been discussed a 100 times. And we tried it before I posted it to make sure it worked.

knc1105

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    I went back and watched some of their other videos, using that red dot plan they shot probably a 3-1/2" group of 10 or 11 ( I lost count ) on a 8 or 9" plate at 250 yards with an AK-pistol ! That video is only 3:50 and then looks like the same AK-pistol shoots a mag full of clay pigeons at a 100-yards I am trying to think if I know anybody that can do that with a AK rifle?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom