• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Why does every owner/seller claim they have only fired 100rds on the used guns? I fired over 200, on my Kimber SIS.45ACP yesterday. Are they serious??

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Not an issue so to speak, but it just seems like BS to me. I mentioned I might want to sell my G17, and every person who emailed me asked the number of rounds I have fired. Maybe its just me, but I take 4 boxes of 50 every time I go to the range. If I own a gun, Im using it. I bought the Glock NIB in Sept 08. I know I have fired well over 2500 rds through it, and its just one of my guns. I clean it every time I use it, and it looks brand new....How does it make it better if I say I have barely used it.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I bought a G21 from a member here and he said it had about 1000 rods through it. I expected it to look like it.

Exterior looked new. When I stripped it, I could tell the barrel hadn't been cleaned so I did, but other than that, I would have believed it had 100 rounds. The crud that came out of the bore wasn't even that bad; just normal.

I think it depends on the care and use. But I agree, there are a lot of people that buy and don't shoot, but also many that just lie.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I never did understand that "less than 100 rnds through it" I've sold firearms in P2P sales and every time I've been honest about the known round count. One pistol I did sell actually did have less than 100rnds through it though, reason being it was a little pocket pistol I never went to the range with.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Mebbe ah'm weird...okay - ah KNOW ah am - but I couldn't tell ya how many rounds are through any of my guns. All ah wanna know is if they go BANG!! when ah pull the trigger.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    A quality (brand name) gun that is cared for between uses is good for 10's of thousands of rounds.
    Some less. A Kel Tec P3AT .380 has an expected round life of 6000. I've already put 1000+ thru mine. It looks just like new, except for holster wear. I have a nearly 100 year old Colt .38 that almost looks new. Shoots as good as any new revolver. I am at least the 4th owner, no way to know how many rounds went thru it.
    Its not so much the rounds down range as the care in between.
    CRS2FER4 I agree with you its hardly worth going to the range for anything less than 200 rounds. These recent prices have put a dent in my shooting lately.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have a few that have ZERO rounds through them & one of them I have had ~12 years....

I think the issue was that SO many of the *dealers* are saying "less than 100 rounds", plus so many others that make that claim on about every gun they sell. I've noticed the same thing, and believe me, the pics often do NOT reflect that claim.

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    I think the issue was that SO many of the *dealers* are saying "less than 100 rounds", plus so many others that make that claim on about every gun they sell. I've noticed the same thing, and believe me, the pics often do NOT reflect that claim.
    That was exactly my point. I guess I am a novice at this, but I laughed at the question of how may rounds I have put through the Glock...my answer was not enough! Its a fun gun to shoot! However, I hardly ever shoot one of my Kimbers and will probably sell it, simply because it is exactly like my other (custom II, and SIS Custom) Bottom line is like I think some of your points are, its all about the person taking care of the gun

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Good luck with GunsAmerica. I gave up on them a long time ago.

Tons of outdated ads and sellers that won't respond when you won their auction or ask a question. Hello...if you want my money...answer few simple questions on what you're selling....ok?

I am through with them. Ditto for GunBroker. There are good sellers, but the shady people are definately there...especially in the age of Obama fear gunbuying panic.

- brickboy240

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Good luck with GunsAmerica. I gave up on them a long time ago.

Tons of outdated ads and sellers that won't respond when you won their auction or ask a question. Hello...if you want my money...answer few simple questions on what you're selling....ok?

I am through with them. Ditto for GunBroker. There are good sellers, but the shady people are definately there...especially in the age of Obama fear gunbuying panic.

- brickboy240
    I have had good luck with the dealers on Gunsamerica.com, its the individuals I am concerned with. However, Sporting arms in Lewisville is where you go if you want a NIB Kimber. They undercut other dealers by $100 or so.

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    I never did understand that "less than 100 rnds through it" I've sold firearms in P2P sales and every time I've been honest about the known round count. One pistol I did sell actually did have less than 100rnds through it though, reason being it was a little pocket pistol I never went to the range with.

Yeah, me too--

I usually fire most guns a lot, but I have a NA22S that has less than 100 through it00 heck probably less than 50---

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I sold a pistol once where I had only fired a couple of rounds. It was a mint, perfect, HK USP Match .45 with stainless slide. I fired it to see how it shot, I preferred my Elite. It had no wear or handling marks and sold with everything, including the cardboard box & tactical case (and original price sticker). The buyer was positively thrilled to add it to his collection.

I was actually concerned that nobody would believe I had only shot a couple of rounds.

Rawhide

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Alvord
    I buy my guns to shoot and thereby maintain proficiency, I don't care how many rounds a weapon has through it as long as it is fully functional and accurate

Top Bottom