• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vortaku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2017
    Irving
    Sadly me purchasing got postponed and pushed back.

Still look daily, because if i find a STEAL. I will make it happen
    Guns International

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Boy, craigslist is full of scammers.

I contacted one ad about a bike. Two days later, the "seller" says their phone is broke, by texting me from it. Asking for name, address, and email.

Once you give them an email. They send you more pictures of the bike and a completely different story then the ad. Asking to inspect the bike and then the gig is up.

The bike is located a shipping facility. EBay motors is the one selling it. The claimed owner isn't even in the state. Forward the money and the bike gets shipped to your address for a 5 day inspection. That's after you already gave them money.

What a scam. I've found two ads so far that are exact same thing.

nitzer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    Austin
    Bought two bikes off of Craigslist and sold my ATV and one of the bikes. Yes Craigslist is full of scammers, but there are deals to be had. About to put my 2003 SV650S out there for sale since I ride my Honda VFR800 instead and the SV mostly sits now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've been stalking craigslist hard. I'm getting another bike. The smaller projects fit places the cars won't. I've done a cruiser bobber twice. The first was a 2003 Suzuki S40. The second is the 2008 M50 Boulevard. I can spend months on a bike. Lots of handmade small details... but I don't need another bobber. Been there and done it.

I've been looking at the Sport Turing and classic universal Japanese. I want to do a quasi cafe racer that's comfortable. Thicker seat and handlebars that ain't so low. Not so much a rambler style. Something in between.

A new bike is definitely on the way but nothing has grabbed me yet.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Over the past 3 weeks ...

Sold this ...

2009_XR650L_02-XL.jpg

and this ...

2012_XR650L_01-XL.jpg

and bought this ...

2015_500EXC_01-XL.jpg

... all through Craigslist.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Not a lot to report yet.

It's a 2015 500 EXC
    Had 40 hrs on it and just under 1K miles.
    Needs a chain and sprockets

The right fork weeps a bit of oil
    I figure I'll send both the forks and rear shock to onroad offroad is Austin to be rebuilt and resprung.

I've changed the fluids ...
    engine oil
    engine coolant
    F/R brake fluid

The knobs on it are super soft and at 50 gets a little spongy, especially when turning.

I sourced a spare set of wheels off of eBay and will put a set of Shinko 705s on those for street and dirt road use. I'll save the knobs for Red River and Time2Ride type places.

Put on a seat concepts gripper seat and trying to figure out if 2.7 gallons is enough fuel capacity.
    I've installed proper hand guards and replaced the nastiest air filter known to man.

We've planned a couple times to go to Muenster and give the Red River park a try, but it keeps raining.

What little I've ridden, though ... this thing a freaking hooligan. I can loft the front wheel with just a blip of the throttle in the first three gears ... 4th and 5th take a bit more effort, but way too easy.

Deals are out there and the market is extremely soft right now. It's tough to sell a big bike. But late model, smaller cc bikes seem to be moving well. Folks are leery, it seems of a carbed bike. So if you can work on a carb, there are tons of options

Top Bottom