• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    CZP,

I don't know by your response if 1. You don't believe it what I posted in regard to leprosy/armadillos or 2. You do know that it's true, but think it not germane.

If you're unaware that armadillos are vectors of leprosy, look it up on the internet or speak any on of Dr. Terry Williams in Clear Lake. He is Regional Director for the Hansen's Disease (Leprosy) Clinic. He treats patients with leprosy all the time. and for another tidbit of information, Leprosy shows up more in Texas and Louisiana than any other of the other states.

Only 3/5% of the human population is susceptible to the bacterium Leprosy (Hansen's Disease), is a chronic infectious disease that primarily affects the peripheral nerves, skin, upper respiratory tract, eyes, and nasal mucosa. The disease is caused by a bacillus (rod-shaped) bacterium known as Mycobacterium leprae.

It can be cured, but it takes a minimum of two or so years, and sometimes there's a reaction to the build up of dead bacteria once the anti-biotics kick in.

What animal can give you leprosy?

Armadillos are known to carry leprosy—in fact, they are the only wild animals other than humans upon which the picky M. leprae can stand to live—and scientists suspected that these anomalous cases were due to contact with the little armored tootsie rolls.

There's of course a lot more information out there regarding this subject if you take the time to look it up.

P.S. Don't handle or eat armadillos.
    Target Sports

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    CZP,

I don't know by your response if 1. You don't believe it what I posted in regard to leprosy/armadillos or 2. You do know that it's true, but think it not germane.

If you're unaware that armadillos are vectors of leprosy, look it up on the internet or speak any on of Dr. Terry Williams in Clear Lake. He is Regional Director for the Hansen's Disease (Leprosy) Clinic. He treats patients with leprosy all the time. and for another tidbit of information, Leprosy shows up more in Texas and Louisiana than any other of the other states.

Only 3/5% of the human population is susceptible to the bacterium Leprosy (Hansen's Disease), is a chronic infectious disease that primarily affects the peripheral nerves, skin, upper respiratory tract, eyes, and nasal mucosa. The disease is caused by a bacillus (rod-shaped) bacterium known as Mycobacterium leprae.

It can be cured, but it takes a minimum of two or so years, and sometimes there's a reaction to the build up of dead bacteria once the anti-biotics kick in.

What animal can give you leprosy?

Armadillos are known to carry leprosy—in fact, they are the only wild animals other than humans upon which the picky M. leprae can stand to live—and scientists suspected that these anomalous cases were due to contact with the little armored tootsie rolls.

There's of course a lot more information out there regarding this subject if you take the time to look it up.

P.S. Don't handle or eat armadillos.

Geez, this thread is about Dillo Dust and it's uses.

I use a little on chicken when I smoke them. And yes, I know smoking is dangerous.

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    CZP,

Several generations of my family were born and raised not far from Carville, La (you may have to look that one up) so it's #2, with a very strong emphasis on "not germane."

Top Bottom