Patriot Mobile

Using Blemished Bullets for Range Practice - Safe, Accurate?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fortitude88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    Flower Mound, TX
    Looking to buy some ammunition from ammosupplywarehouse.com but the product is listed as 'blemished'. I did some reading online - and for gun ranges (up to 500 yards), blemished ammunition seems to be OK to use.

Can anyone weigh in on this? Are they safe to fire, moderately accurate? Thanks.
    Texas SOT

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    blemished could meam anything. i typically buy blemished because it means nothing more than a slight defect, typically paint or something stupid.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I haven't used theirs, but I've shot plenty of Freedom Munitions blemished "Blaster" ammo without any problem. I did find one round that didn't get caught in their Q/A. It appears when the bullet was loaded into the case, it took the side of the case with it ;)

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    If they were unsafe loads, they wouldn't be listed for sale. So far as accuracy goes, there are a lot of factors to consider, almost none of which have to do with whether or not the round is "blemished" or not.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Before the ammo crunch, I stocked a lot of "blem" bullets for reloading. I never found any that were less than perfect or weights that were odd, but I noted something that Midway USA had in one of their ads. Some of the blems were actually "set up" projectiles that were run on the production machines before QC accepted the set up. That means thousands of bullets were run before being officially "OK". That made a lot of sense and explained why these are only available occasionally.

That's my "take" on it.

Flash

Top Bottom