Join TexasGunTalk

Using race to divide gun owners...

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by JColumbus, Sep 12, 2019 at 6:25 AM.

1. JColumbus

JColumbus Well-Known

Jun 28, 2012
  2. gaines67

gaines67 Active Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Park City
    Which of the founders views are you at odds with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low_Speed likes this.
  3. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    This one:

"I'm usually looked at like I'm a Martian," Davis said. "I mean, literally, if I come in and I get ready to go into the gun range, people are looking at me like, 'Why is she here? Black women don't shoot.' But we shoot."

Because bullshit. Nobody gives a rat's ass whether you're black and/or female at the range. I wanna say it's really about 50/50 at the one I go to. Now the RSO's...those are 99% white and male. But I for one am glad the lanes don't look like it's the Aryan Nation on their day off.

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That is a founders view?

5. JColumbus

JColumbus Well-Known

Jun 28, 2012
    That's not the founder, but I disagree with that as well.

"Well the NRA is good for some people that are having THAT perspective. Our perspective is for black folks."

What perspective? Way to set yourself apart by race, for apparently no reason at all.

"Them not speaking up says more to US than anything. Are you in agreement with that?.. If you're an organization that wants to get black folks to back you up..."

Gimme a break. I wonder what kind of shit he says when he's NOT on camera.

I'm Puerto Rican, I may as well be white, as far as this guy is concerned. You're more than welcome to disagree...

jordanmills likes this.
  6. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    The ranges I have gone into have had people of various ethnic and racial backgrounds. I would have never stared at anybody coming into the gun range. The more 2nd Amendment supporters the better.

rmantoo, Davetex, pronstar and 4 others like this.
  7. gaines67

gaines67 Active Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Park City
    No I don’t necessarily disagree. I will say that when black shooters come to the indoor range I frequent, no question that people give them a second look because they are rare not necessarily because they are black. That said I can’t read people‘s minds so who knows. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a black female shooter at the range so that’s very rare. I also think it’s fine for individuals to have their own clubs or organizations that suit their particular focus or social group.

rmantoo and Low_Speed like this.
  8. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I think the context the OP is using is NAAGA founder.

Not the founding fathers context.

9. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Always good to have 2A supporters, but some of the folks in that article sound racist.

rmantoo likes this.
  10. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    How do you call bullshit on a person’s personal experience?! If you aren’t there, you don’t know.