Join TexasGunTalk

Using race to divide gun owners...

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by JColumbus, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Byrd666

Byrd666 Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere TGT Supporter

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I first heard about this group starting up a while back. When I read the article and found out where it was at, it made perfect sense. A black shooting club starting in an area that was predominantly black, and in an area with a lot of crime. Why not. It really only seemed a natural progression. Blacks tend to congregate with blacks, just as latinos tend to congregate with latinos and whites tend to congregate with whites. I don't really see it as a race thing at all.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    toddnjoyce and TxStetson like this.
  2. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    We have all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gay/lesbian shooters.......

Their money is green too...............

Texasgordo, rmantoo, Southpaw and 3 others like this.
  3. Chirpy

Chirpy Well-Known TGT Supporter

Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Realistically, any single woman showing up at a range usually gets looked at...this is news?

4. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Maybe back in 1990 but nowadays?

toddnjoyce likes this.
  5. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    That person's alleged personal experience. I've got her one statement vs. all the times I've seen and done the exact opposite. Yes, I'm at the range all the time, and I haven't seen anything like that but the exact opposite.

JColumbus likes this.
  6. JColumbus

JColumbus Well-Known

Jun 28, 2012
    I don't think he was calling bullshit on her "experience" as much as her assumption of what these "looks" meant. If she had said these things were SAID, I'd have no issue but she interprets looks to mean that. I believe that is what he does not agree with and I don't either.

7. JColumbus

JColumbus Well-Known

Jun 28, 2012
    Got no problem with certain types having a group or banding together. I just don't like when it's on the basis of some kind of perceived racial divide, or allegation that another race doesn't care about you.

8. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Force of habit, I check out any woman. I like and appreciate the female form, my version of art, of course some are by Andy Warhol. Maybe she needs to realize her "Perspective" could be wrong. She thinks she's singled out because she's black and that's what she has been taught. Anyone see the problem there?

rmantoo, Southpaw and JColumbus like this.
  9. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There are so many people going to ranges that have no idea what they are doing.
    I always watch when new people walk in when I'm shooting.
    Lots of the time I step to the very back to keep an eye on them and make sure that they don't shoot me.

10. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    Unless you live where she lives and go to the range that she goes to when she goes, your experience means nothing. You should respect her personal view on her experience at the range until you can prove different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmantoo and gaines67 like this.