• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Anybody else read about this?

Cased telescoped and caseless ammunition | Kit Up!

SOCOM has basically decided what I've been saying since the SCAR-L program started - that it wasn't a real big improvement over the M16 and M4.

So now that the uber-elite black-ops warriors aren't going to be using them... how is FN going to move the civvy models to all the wanna-bes and mall ninjas?
    Guns International

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    So now that the uber-elite black-ops warriors aren't going to be using them... how is FN going to move the civvy models to all the wanna-bes and mall ninjas?

by making sure they put them in video cames.

i mean it is called the "SCAR"
    how cool is that?!

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

Cased telescoped and caseless ammunition | Kit Up!

SOCOM has basically decided what I've been saying since the SCAR-L program started - that it wasn't a real big improvement over the M16 and M4.

Its ok because we got the ones we really wanted and needed...

IMG_0087.gif

The SCAR Heavy. It is nice to have a caliber weapon that an operator can, with a great deal of confidence, put the moosh down.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Funny that this comes up now.

I recently started shooting and really want one of those Mall Ninja weapons. The SCAR & ACR look L33T and should buy me tons of cred at the range right? Nevermind my pale flabby flesh from 12 hour days hidden in my dark cave working on the computer. I have the same gun as the spec ops guys so I gotta be just about as cool. Right? Right? Please somebody tell me I'm right!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

I recently started shooting and really want one of those Mall Ninja weapons. The SCAR & ACR look L33T and should buy me tons of cred at the range right? Nevermind my pale flabby flesh from 12 hour days hidden in my dark cave working on the computer. I have the same gun as the spec ops guys so I gotta be just about as cool. Right? Right? Please somebody tell me I'm right!

Range cred is determined by your rank or combined ranks on Call of Duty and/or Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Now sound off like you got a pair son! ;) lol Welcome to the forum.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Hell yeah ... just make sure to wear clothes only sold by LaRue, 5.11, etc. ... you don't wanna look untactical, Al Qaeda might think you are weak.

Be sure to scan for threats after ever post you make on the forum and every round you fire at the range.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I always post with Cold Blooded pro, Ninja Pro and use a silencer to keep off everybody's radar. Mall Ninja to the max biotch!

Thanks for the welcome.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    This is no "mall ninja weapon" it is an DOD issued select fire FN SCAR 7.62. The only way you can get a real one is to raise your right hand and complete the toughest military training on the planet; or be a post sample dealer with a PD request letter... A poor attempt at Internet trollism on you part. I give you a 1/10.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Hell yeah ... just make sure to wear clothes only sold by LaRue, 5.11, etc. ... you don't wanna look untactical, Al Qaeda might think you are weak.

Be sure to scan for threats after ever post you make on the forum and every round you fire at the range.

Larue makes a clothing line? Learn something new everyday.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    This is no "mall ninja weapon" it is an DOD issued select fire FN SCAR 7.62. The only way you can get a real one is to raise your right hand and complete the toughest military training on the planet; or be a post sample dealer with a PD request letter... A poor attempt at Internet trollism on you part. I give you a 1/10.

well damn. I'll have to go back to the lab and work on my trollen skillz.

I was actually aiming at people like myself lusting after the SCAR. Everything I have read about it says it is lustworthy.

yeah, the only way I'm going to layhands on a full auto SCAR is for somebody to develop a rejuv product that will take off 18 years. Course, having raised a family and had a great time developing software: I'd jump at the chance to enlist in the Corps and take a run at going recon and going to scout sniper school. But I figure that technology is still 10 years off.

Now, back in the real world: there is the opportunity to purchase either an ACR Enhanced or a SCAR 16.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Always got the Semi version.

AFAIK, the Heavy (7.62x51) isn't canceled, only the Light.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    well damn. I'll have to go back to the lab and work on my trollen skillz.

I was actually aiming at people like myself lusting after the SCAR. Everything I have read about it says it is lustworthy.

yeah, the only way I'm going to layhands on a full auto SCAR is for somebody to develop a rejuv product that will take off 18 years. Course, having raised a family and had a great time developing software: I'd jump at the chance to enlist in the Corps and take a run at going recon and going to scout sniper school. But I figure that technology is still 10 years off.

Now, back in the real world: there is the opportunity to purchase either an ACR Enhanced or a SCAR 16.

My apologies. It seems I broke rule #1... "Don't take oneslf to seriously."

FWIW The SCARH or MK17 is here to stay. The MK16 EBR (M14 variant) are being turned in and replaced by the MK17.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Always got the Semi version.

AFAIK, the Heavy (7.62x51) isn't canceled, only the Light.

That is correct.

At my Group the SCAR-H is replacing the EBR and eventually the 14.5" M4A1.

A basic operators kit will have the MK17 aka SCAR H with the 16" and 13" BBL in 7.62 and a 10.5" CQBR in 5.56. Both will fill a niche..

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    Yeah I know I'm not the expert or anything but I also heard that it was only the SCAR L that was out, but the SCAR H is being put to use as a DMR/SSR.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That is correct.

At my Group the SCAR-H is replacing the EBR and eventually the 14.5" M4A1.

A basic operators kit will have the MK17 aka SCAR H with the 16" and 13" BBL in 7.62 and a 10.5" CQBR in 5.56. Both will fill a niche..

You wouldn't happen to be in the 19th, would you? I've got some questions about going into SF via National Guard. Plan on enlisting this fall.

Yeah I know I'm not the expert or anything but I also heard that it was only the SCAR L that was out, but the SCAR H is being put to use as a DMR/SSR.

It's a multi-role rifle. The concept behind the whole program was that you'd have a modular rifle with a quick change barrel that allows you to use one rifle for multiple roles.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    You wouldn't happen to be in the 19th, would you? I've got some questions about going into SF via National Guard. Plan on enlisting this fall.

No, I am with NSW Group 1 aka West Coast Teams.

It's a multi-role rifle. The concept behind the whole program was that you'd have a modular rifle with a quick change barrel that allows you to use one rifle for multiple roles.

True. There is also a 5.56 conversion kit for the SCAR-H in the works.

Top Bottom