• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/01/take-two-weeks-truth-emerge-parkland-students-astroturfing/

“Can you believe these kids?” It’s been a recurring theme of the coverage of the Parkland school shooting: the remarkable effectiveness of the high school students who created a gun control organization in the wake of the massacre. In seemingly no time, the magical kids had organized events ranging from a national march to a mass school walkout, and they’d brought in a million dollars in donations from Oprah Winfrey and George Clooney.

On February 28, BuzzFeed came out with the actual story: Rep. Debbie Wassermann Schultz aiding in the lobbying in Tallahassee, a teacher’s union organizing the buses that got the kids there, Michael Bloomberg’s groups and the Women’s March working on the upcoming March For Our Lives, MoveOn.org doing social media promotion and (potentially) march logistics, and training for student activists provided by federally funded Planned Parenthood.

The president of the American Federation of Teachers told BuzzFeedthey’re also behind the national school walkout, which journalists had previously assured the public was the sole work of a teenager. (I’d thought teachers were supposed to get kids into school, but maybe that’s just me.)

The real tip-off should have been the $500,000 donations from Winfrey and Clooney. Big celebrities don’t give huge money to strangers on a whim. Somebody who knows Winfrey and Clooney called them and asked. But the press’s response was to be ever more impressed with the kids.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    It is quite obvious that those kids did not organize this by themselves. I suspect that the obama / clinton bunch had more to do with it than the kids.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's a dog and pony show. First they were coached on what to say on CNN, and then coached on what to say to Rubio. Do you really think they could have organized this on their own?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    and those who would not take the coaching did not get to go to the game and say what they really felt.

Top Bottom