• Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    June 6, 2018by Saurabh Sharma
    CATEGORY: AROUND TEXAS

While the University of Texas at Austin continues to hike tuition rates and make college less affordable for everyday Texans, diversity bureaucrats are making a killing off the taxpayer dollar.

Analysis of the school’s 2017-18 budget shows that almost 6 million taxpayer and tuition dollars have funded the salaries and programs of UT’s Department of Diversity and Community Engagement every year since the department’s inception.

The university retains a veritable army of diversity bureaucrats, with the latest headcount standing at 94 employees expressly tasked with pursuing “diversity” on campus.

These employees are handsomely paid, with the top employee of the department, Vice President for Diversity and Community Engagement Leonard N. Moore, earning a salary of $306,342 every year, plus benefits. Moore is known for his “Black Power” class on campus, where he teaches that America is a “racist country” and advocates the US government provide financial reparations for African Americans.

And Moore isn’t the only official in the department making a large salary; around a dozen employees at the department make over $100,000 annually.

These highly paid employees are often tasked with far-left initiatives, such as operating the UT Gender and Sexuality Center which recently came under heavy criticism from taxpayers and lawmakers for piloting a program called MasculinUT. The initiative was designed to advocate the notion that traditional masculinity is a mental illness.

The previous president of the department, Dr. Gregory J. Vincent, also showed his political bias multiple times when he released a statement attacking the UT chapter of Young Conservatives of Texas after their property was destroyed by a leftist mob in October of 2016.

The funds that this superfluous department uses could be used for the benefit of the entire student body or used to help everyday Texans attend college, but instead it is used to push a racialized, far-left agenda. Indeed, almost 600 students could receive a free college tuition every year just by slashing the budget of this inane bureaucracy.

The fact that this bloated department endures as tuition increases are foisted upon the student body shows that UT is more interested in indoctrinating students than actually educating them.

https://empowertexans.com/around-texas/ut-austins-multimillion-dollar-diversity-bureaucracy/
    Gun Zone Deals

Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    Like I say; I don't have a problem with a natural diversity as long as the people aren't criminals, but I don't like it beong forced as it obviously is here.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Why do you need an office of diverstiy with almost 100 people working there, kind of insane, what kind of a job do they have???

So it doesn't look funny that your wife works there too... :laughing:

https://salaries.texastribune.org/university-of-texas-at-austin/thais-dazettia-bass-moore/1495787/

These people are such BS artists. This guy lives in a $500,000 house in Round Rock which is around 50+% White, 10% Black. I would think he would live in a neighborhood more "diverse".

Why doesn't he want to live around the same "diversity" that he believes you or I should?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    So it doesn't look funny that your wife works there too... :laughing:

https://salaries.texastribune.org/university-of-texas-at-austin/thais-dazettia-bass-moore/1495787/

These people are such BS artists. This guy lives in a $500,000 house in Round Rock which is around 50+% White, 10% Black. I would think he would live in a neighborhood more "diverse".

Why doesn't he want to live around the same "diversity" that he believes you or I should?
    I went thru the list of names at that link: 1 Whitey (female), 2 Hispanics, the rest BLACK, yea looks like real diversity.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I had just watched this YouTube video a couple hours before your post. While it’s not about UT, she does an excellent job at describing what’s happening at several major universities around the country (not just Mizzou, AFTER the BLM movement).

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I had just watched this YouTube video a couple hours before your post. While it’s not about UT, she does an excellent job at describing what’s happening at several major universities around the country (not just Mizzou, AFTER the BLM movement).

Only a guess, but willing to put money on it!!!

BLM is basically using extortion to force Univ to hire staffs of about 100 personnel for Diversity, almost all of the folks are minorities mostly blacks, this is nothing but a shake down. You don't do it, we will riot, burn, loot, steal, and rape and there is NOTHING going to be done about it, we will keep your campus quiet if you just pay us.

Jackson and Sharpton have been doing this for years with big corps and have become $$$ rich over it.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    My daughter chose UT Tyler... so I was relieved to find none of these shenanigans going on there, there is natural diversity occurring, and they made a point that they operate independently of Austin.

My wife found one greek sorority that was openly anti-2nd... and the campus has definate conservative leaning.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom