50.5 KB · Views: 654

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

As some here know, I'm a fanatic ORANGEBLOOD but if ANY player or other students is determined to NOT play/participate because we will NOT accept their demands, I say GET LOST & go find a school, if you can, that chooses to accept your FOOLISHNESS.

When I was "a denizen of the 40 Acres" a half-century ago, Chancellor Harry Ransom would NOT listened to any students DEMANDS for 5 minutes. = He was CORRECT & students have NO right to DEMAND anything.

yours, satx

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I’m gonna make a prediction here. “Eyes of Texas” gone.
    All confederate related statues on campus gone.

Hey I’ve said many times if removing any references to the confederacy will make our world a better place then by all means let’s get rid of them. The only concern I have is this will not be enough. More than likely nothing at this point will be enough.

I also read yesterday where the Clemson black athletes have a major demand about the use of a guys name that the university was built on his land where he had a plantation and owned slaves and was an advocate for more slave ownership back when that was the in thing 150 years ago or so. I’m sure they will be willing to give the land back to where they acquired it and move the university to a new place? Seems like a logical solution to me.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    All confederate related statues on campus gone.

Hey I’ve said many times if removing any references to the confederacy will make our world a better place then by all means let’s get rid of them. The only concern I have is this will not be enough. More than likely nothing at this point will be enough..

They are already tearing down statues of white leaders in Europe. They want the white race gone and any accompanying historical pieces that reminds us that we have an identity.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I grew up hearing the song, but did not know all the words. Had to look them up.
    Having done so, what is the specific issue with that song? The news said that the words had "racist undertones" or some such SJW think-speak. Was it written by a slave owner? Can they even say WHY the song needs to go?
    Believe me, I am no fan of the Longhorns, but stupidity is stupidity, no matter the context.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I grew up hearing the song, but did not know all the words. Had to look them up.
    Having done so, what is the specific issue with that song? The news said that the words had "racist undertones" or some such SJW think-speak. Was it written by a slave owner? Can they even say WHY the song needs to go?
    Believe me, I am no fan of the Longhorns, but stupidity is stupidity, no matter the context.

“The Eyes of Texas," which is played before and after every Longhorns football game, has come under scrutiny in recent years because it was first performed in a minstrel show, which featured blackface performances, in 1903.

There ya go. It was all over “WOKECENTER” this morning on ESPN

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    These are people that don't want don't want equality. They did not pay attention in history class. These are people that want us to think whites are the only Peoples that have owned slaves and have never been slaves. They are wrong. They want to erase not only our bad heritage but their's as well. If it was not for the black tribes selling slaves to other Peoples, their ancestors would have never been slaves. But they ignore that.
    They don't want equality, they want subjugation.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    These are people that don't want don't want equality. They did not pay attention in history class. These are people that want us to think whites are the only Peoples that have owned slaves and have never been slaves. They are wrong. They want to erase not only our bad heritage but their's as well. If it was not for the black tribes selling slaves to other Peoples, their ancestors would have never been slaves. But they ignore that.
    They don't want equality, they want subjugation.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Unfortunately they do pay attention, to the garbage they’re being taught in school

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory

#defundthecolleges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I’ve been working on the railroad,
    All the live long day

I’ve been working on the railroad,
    Just to pass the time away

Hear the whistle as it’s blowing...

What’s wrong with that?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Speaking of the Chinese, the commies must be howling with laughter at us since we vaguely supported the Hong Kong protestors...and now we have so-called 'protestors' oozing out of the U.S. woodwork......

And speaking of commie-ish titles get this one: Leslie Blair, executive director of communications for the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement - Could this dopey title sound any more commie?

Top Bottom