• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    Mods, I did search and don't think this has been posted yet. If so, or if this is the wrong forum, please do the needful

What would you do ?

Without audio/sound - we can't know what was said to man at the Gas Pump.....but still, he did not do anything.....

I think that I would do something...I have a wife and daughter and would hope that folks would intervene.

2 X Links below with video - the guy has been caught.

Target Sports

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I am a MYOB kind of person, but there is no scenario in this universe I am allowing that guy to carry that girl off against her will.

I will be honest, I have always dreamed of a scenario where I could douse a bad guy with gasoline at the pump Billy Jack style.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    The man pumping gas into the truck was a scumbag coward.

If the report is accurate, the girl was a teenager, a child (looks like it), yelling, begging for help, crawling under the truck for safety. The witness coward did not move an inch, did not care. And he looked bigger than the kidnapper, who did not seem to wield any type of weapon. What the f*** is wrong with that guy?

What would you do ?

I would have intervened, first asking her if she is being kidnapped while trying to block the perps way. If she says yes, and the perp decides to get physical, so be it, let's go.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yeah, that is not one where I would MYOB. Pretty sure I would get involved. Pretty clean shot with a boot to something breakable while he was taking her from under the truck. Hope they identify him. His neighbors deserve to know what kind of chickenshit lives near them.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

If the report is accurate, the girl was a teenager, a child (looks like it), yelling, begging for help, crawling under the truck for safety. The witness coward did not move an inch, did not care. And he looked bigger than the kidnapper, who did not seem to wield any type of weapon. What the f*** is wrong with that guy?

I would have intervened, first asking her if she is being kidnapped while trying to block the perps way. If she says yes, and the perp decides to get physical, so be it, let's go.

She was 35.
    They were dating.

Yes, I would have done something.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Without knowing the exact situation, it is hard to say how one should react.
    Did she skip bail and he was delivering her back to jail?
    Was she just a hysterical GF screaming at him for cheating on her?
    Was she retarded and he was her guardian dragging her escaped ass back home?
    We don't really know right now.
    Awaiting more input.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

It said that he was 22 & she was 35. Years back, a young Mom out for a jog in Plano was kidnapped from a public street in full view of many passers-by, who didn't help or even stop. She was never found and the perp was never arrested. When questioned, the witnesses all said they thought it was a "domestic situation". We all share a DUTY to help others, but these things can be hard to interpret on the spot.

I thought about this quite a bit, as my jogger Daughter lived just a few blocks away from the incident site.

leVieux

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Stop the aggressor by your choice of means, ask him to wait for the police to sort it out. If the aggression is then directed at you cancel his stamp with gas or lead. I'm too old to fight anymore. Letting him pull her out from under his own truck is just way over the myob line. That made it his business!!!!!!!!!!!!

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    If I remember correctly to prevent a kidnapping you can use your weapon? Tell me if I'm wrong it's been a while since I took the class. Maybe I should do a refresher.

I don't think that I would pull the trigger right next to a semi exposed gasoline nozzle, but drawing it might be an option.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My first gut instinct would be to defend the girl and curb stomp the attacker's head.

Common sense and reality would have to prevail though. Things might not be what they appear to be in reality. And sad to say, sometimes sticking your nose into other people business, even with good intentions can backfire badly on you.

That said, There is no way I wouldn't step in to help. First would be separation by getting between them, and then calling for LE. If it were a kidnapping or something not kosher, the guy is going to bolt and run at first mention of the cops coming. If she's a froot loop escaped from the nuthouse, and he's just rounding her up, then he can explain that situation to the cops.

Bad things can and do happen to good people placing themselves in harm's way. Another thread on the forum. Brave man intervenes in the shooting of police officer, shoots the attacker and ends up getting shot by the police himself tragically. It does happen.

ETA: The thread I was referring to.

Last edited:

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Axxe55, right. A lot of cops have been hurt by the wives/girlfriends in domestic abuse cases when they attempted to intervene against the boyfriend/husband.

I don't think that I would pull the trigger right next to a semi exposed gasoline nozzle, but drawing it might be an option.

Taking a couple of steps away from the exposed gasoline nozzle would resolve your fear of the fuel combusting.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Axxe55, right. A lot of cops have been hurt by the wives/girlfriends in domestic abuse cases when they attempted to intervene against the boyfriend/husband.

Taking a couple of steps away from the exposed gasoline nozzle would resolve your fear of the fuel combusting.
    For a long time (60s and 70s), domestic violence calls were number 2 - if not number 1 - for the most risk to LEOs. I do not know if that is the case now but it is probably still high on the list. So do what you gotta do just be careful.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Stop the aggressor by your choice of means, ask him to wait for the police to sort it out. If the aggression is then directed at you cancel his stamp with gas or lead. I'm too old to fight anymore. Letting him pull her out from under his own truck is just way over the myob line. That made it his business!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree. Past time to step in.
    My first gut instinct would be to defend the girl and curb stomp the attacker's head.

Common sense and reality would have to prevail though. Things might not be what they appear to be in reality. And sad to say, sometimes sticking your nose into other people business, even with good intentions can backfire badly on you.

That said, There is no way I wouldn't step in to help. First would be separation by getting between them, and then calling for LE. If it were a kidnapping or something not kosher, the guy is going to bolt and run at first mention of the cops coming. If she's a froot loop escaped from the nuthouse, and he's just rounding her up, then he can explain that situation to the cops.

Bad things can and do happen to good people placing themselves in harm's way. Another thread on the forum. Brave man intervenes in the shooting of police officer, shoots the attacker and ends up getting shot by the police himself tragically. It does happen.

ETA: The thread I was referring to.

My health ain't the greatest either. But I would have stepped in. As far as shooting by a gas pump, screw it. If that is what it takes, so be it. If nothing else, follow him across the lot and take him out. Coward at the pump didn't even try to call the cops as far as I could see. Both them boys need some serious reminding of what manhood is.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I agree. Past time to step in.My health ain't the greatest either. But I would have stepped in. As far as shooting by a gas pump, screw it. If that is what it takes, so be it. If nothing else, follow him across the lot and take him out. Coward at the pump didn't even try to call the cops as far as I could see. Both them boys need some serious reminding of what manhood is.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That was the part that pissed me off more than anything. Even someone in the worst health could have made a call to to the cops. At least done something, or anything to intervene on her behalf.

Yeah, coward fits perfectly IMO as well.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Without knowing the exact situation, it is hard to say how one should react.
    Did she skip bail and he was delivering her back to jail?
    Was she just a hysterical GF screaming at him for cheating on her?
    Was she retarded and he was her guardian dragging her escaped ass back home?
    We don't really know right now.
    Awaiting more input.

This is Utah.... just another recalcitrant sister-wife. Happens all the time. :what:

IMO, ya gotta intervene. At least stop the action and try to figure out if the gal really does need help. Threatening to call cops, then actually calling cops is minimum.

I don't think I'd pull a trigger on the guy if I didn't know what was going on. But I carry POM pepper spray and blessing him with the hot sauce would be a good option to get the action stopped. As Axxe wrote, if bad guy he runs off, if other then cops sort it out. I dount I'd be charged with assault for hitting him up if good guy.

Bystander inertia is a real thing. But with my particular background I'm wired for rescue.... that might not always be a good thing, but when I was a Lifeguard we were taught to approach carefully... those that swam right in got darn near drowned by the vic. But do SOMETHING.

Top Bottom