• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Overall or at the price point? UTG has a reputation for cheaply constructed gear at cheap prices. Not saying that's a bad thing, it's the niche that works for them. There is a reason when you google "utg vests" half the first page results are from airsoft sites.

If you just want one to mess around with then there isn't much initial investment to worry about if you don't end up liking the vest.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I was told by some who know that you should buy the cheap stuff in different configurations and once you figure out what works best for you, buy that configuration from the top of the line gearmakers.

Now that gets you into the whole debate about who is best.

Blackhawk, spec-ops . . . . .

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    Heck I thought every thing in the US was made in China! I bought some gloves from one of the name brand tactical outlets and they where made in CHINA!

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Eagle, Tactical Tailor, TAG, and 5.11 are some others. Don't rule out belt setups. They are not as "cool" as a vest, but if you don't intend on wearing armor then you might like how the gear is more out of the way yet still easily accessible on a belt. I've never really used a belt setup for an extended period of time, just messed around with a friends, but as with carrying any weight, it felt much lighter resting on my hips than a vest does on the shoulders.

That blackhawk you linked looks good if you're wanting to carry mostly spare AR mags. It looks very low profile and you could fit a couple smaller pouches on the front for eye/ear protection or whatever without getting in the way.

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I bought a leather tan mag carrier bag that holds 5 mags and has a shoulder strap off ebay for $7.00 and looks great.Although come to think of,it kind of looks like a womans purse.You can carry 5 30 round mags in the bag and one in the gun,that gives you 180 rounds and its easy to just carry in the trunk. sj

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Blackhawk is garbage. I've used a lot of Eagle and Tactical Taylor. I got referred to a company here in the states that custom made me a few molle HK mag pouches for a great price and shipped them to Karachi. They also make vests and have a good selection of pouches. It's been several years, but I'll see if I can find who that was. It was American owned/made, seemed to be top notch quality and very affordable.

Top Bottom