• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    I really enjoyed that link, reading the comments. One of the best I have ever read.....

I guess elections do matter now don't they ? the problem with America is simple. A 20 year old kid who never held a job in his life, is still in high school and lives with his parents can vote for a candidate with not ever knowing anything about that candidate or any of the issues. That vote can then "cancel" the vote of a person who fought in a war serving their country, held a productive job and paid taxes for 30 years and is exposed to all the political issues and has formed an informed view of them. There is always this PUSH to get young people to vote. Why not PUSH to get INFORMED people who have a vested interest in this country to vote ?

Instead it's like the media promotes voting for voting's sake. That's how an inexperienced candidate like Obama wins over a decorated War hero. Sad really, we still have almost 3 1/2 years until we get to chose again.

That IS the bottom line. Elections DO matter. We are in a fight and we just won one tiny skirmish.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    That and this guy will still operate in the background. The real problem is DOHbama and his train of left wing lunatics.

Your correct once again, he will simply be on the payroll under a different
    organization,acorn, union,etc. The shadow government continues.
    These are hard core radicals they intend to change America in their
    image.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Hey - let's remember that they thought they were invincible......even a small victory should be celebrated!

I recieved this as part of an e-mail today and I think in a weird way it is all related?

Subject: AKA: No Compromise, No Retreat, No Surrender

I learned a lesson when I was a kid that when your opposition wants to gain ground they initially try to take MORE than they know they will get and then they *COMPROMISE* to make it look like they are backing off but the truth of the matter is they GAIN because they got to take YOUR GROUND and made you think they gave in when it is really you who LOST ground but thought you won by not losing all they went after. I learned that lesson in S. Calif in Hawaiian Gardens (late 1940's and early 1950's) when the invading Mexicans tried to take over the area. I was always a stubborn kid and I didn't give up any ground - I stood (got beat up many times until I learned to fight like they did and then they began to leave me alone) my ground and refused to be intimidated by them. After a while they respected me for not fearing them. They respect STRENGTH and ridicule weakness.

That is the SAME tactic used in politics but so few see it as I do. This column by David Limbaugh sets it out so that hopefully more will see what is going on. It is why COMPROMISE is such a dirty word in my life. Compromise means our side loses and the other wins. We need to make them 'compromise' and retake the ground we have allowed them to take.

"Compromise is but the sacrifice of one right or good in the hope of retaining another--too often ending in the loss of both." Author: Tryon Edwards

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeppirs! That's why when the initial CC law was passed in Texas an' so many griped, I was laughin'. We FINALLY took a page out of the book of the opposition an' "compromised" into a law we could gradually work even further into our favor over time.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom