DFW
    Hurley's Gold

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    On one hand, I feel pretty sorry for those folks. On the other hand, why did he think nobody breaks into cars??

Of course, I've seen a case or two where people lied about having guns or money in their vehicle......

Unityclone

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2021
    USA
    At this age and century, I feel this folk should have an anti-theft siren attached to his car to notify them when someone gets close to their car. I really feel sorry for him.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I spent my last eight years of work, traveling several days a week to Little Rock, Chicago, Houston, Nashville Atlanta. I never left guns or computer in truck overnight and tried to choose spots in well lit, visible areas of parking lots. I usually left work clothing or materials covering items of interest to thieves. Never lost more than a few drinks in cooler.

Last edited:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So many guns get taken because a jerk leaves a gun in the car. Sometimes they leave the keys too.

Let's just prosecute the thief who shouldn't be stealing the gun anyway. IN MY CAR *SHOULD* be good enough... however anyone who regularly leaves a gun in the car should not be surprised when it gets taken, but I don't think it justifies making an otherwise legal action illegal.

Whats next, locked in a safe in the house?

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Last edited:

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    In finding this old thread it made me recall all of the ways I carried multiple weapons in the car all of the time for years. Maybe I was just lucky, but with a little planning and practice, I regularly had a dozen weapons, including some NFA items with me. I once demoed some Cowboy/SASS guns out of some second hand "Hello Kitty" luggage. Also, never sleep in the city I just worked in.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    So many guns get taken because a jerk leaves a gun in the car. Sometimes they leave the keys too.
    I know a person who had her purse stolen from her vehicle twice at the same gas station while purchasing cigarettes and gas. The replacement of DL, credit cards and other items should have motivated her not to leave a purse on the seat in an unattended car. It was only after the auto insurance threatened to cancel coverage, that her careless behavior was corrected.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I know a person who had her purse stolen from her vehicle twice at the same gas station while purchasing cigarettes and gas. The replacement of DL, credit cards and other items should have motivated her not to leave a purse on the seat in an unattended car. It was only after the auto insurance threatened to cancel coverage, that her careless behavior was corrected.
    Maybe they should be billed like an ambulance would...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Anyone stupid enough to leave valuables in their vehicle, almost deserves to be robbed. Almost.

I hate a thief, but leaving things in your vehicle is just begging to be robbed of those valuables.
    I was going to take exception with you until I read the "almost". In my case, leaving them in the car was the safest option. Of course there were other measures that I found to be needed taken as well. Don't leave 'smash and grab" items in plain sight, and don't go play 18 holes directly from the gun range. Believe it or not, most cars that leave a gun range, have guns in the car.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was going to take exception with you until I read the "almost". In my case, leaving them in the car was the safest option. Of course there were other measures that I found to be needed taken as well. Don't leave 'smash and grab" items in plain sight, and don't go play 18 holes directly from the gun range. Believe it or not, most cars that leave a gun range, have guns in the car.
    Nobody deserves to be robbed, but leaving valuables in sight is just too tempting for a thief not to take them. We shouldn't have to worry about leaving our own property in our vehicles unattended, but that just isn't the world we live in anymore.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom