• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nietzsche

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    When I moved to Texas I was really surprised that people left any possessions of value in their cars. Where I am from, anything looking like it was of value left in the car could earn a broken window. It was normally kids or heroin addicts just looking for easy, fast money. I suspect it's the same here, finding a gun is a bonus to them.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    When I moved to Texas I was really surprised that people left any possessions of value in their cars. Where I am from, anything looking like it was of value left in the car could earn a broken window. It was normally kids or heroin addicts just looking for easy, fast money. I suspect it's the same here, finding a gun is a bonus to them.

Until the transplants arrived in great numbers, we here in Texas routinely left our long guns in the truck gun rack on the back window and the doors unlocked.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Around the neighborhoods here the criminals go down the street trying doors and root through open cars. You can tell it by ring videos and people posting on nextdoor,
    Next door is such a hilarious site. I view I don’t post, wouldn’t unless it was to help someone, I only use it to see what crime is doing. I definitely can tell I’m living in the city reading some of the post outside of crime. My favorite are post about yotes being sighted in city limits and people afraid their tiny ankle biters will be eaten. God does work in mysterious ways. Yotes are seen, annoying barkers are taken inside, neighborhoods get sleep because of it. Lol

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    The summary seems to be:

1. No stickers that indicate any sort of interest in guns - I checked that one about 3 years ago, sorry NRA.

2. Have a chained or cabled lock box or console safe, of the two I decided to go for the latter, it may not be unbreakable but would take more time than a snip through a cable by some bolt cutters.

3. To avoid awkward surprise needs to disarm have the Texas 30:06 app on your phone. I use mine often. Its very handy as its GPS mapping gives you a clear display of all 30:06/30:07/51% in your immediate vicinity.

Reactions: TAZ

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Next door is such a hilarious site. I view I don’t post, wouldn’t unless it was to help someone, I only use it to see what crime is doing. I definitely can tell I’m living in the city reading some of the post outside of crime. My favorite are post about yotes being sighted in city limits and people afraid their tiny ankle biters will be eaten. God does work in mysterious ways. Yotes are seen, annoying barkers are taken inside, neighborhoods get sleep because of it. Lol
    Yes it is a good source of comic relief sometime . but people will whine about anything.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom