• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Ok if you have some contest winning venison recipes you can keep them to yourself... But assuming you don't mind sharing the flavor with the rest of us please post your favorite jerky, sausage, pan sausage, marinades for back strap, anything revolving around venison.

I decided this year I am done taking deer to the processor and spending so much money. Not to mention I like doing things myself just to broaden my life resume. So lets hear/see what you got.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Jeremy, My wife doesn't like the game taste of venison, so I take the cut (ham, roast, steak, backstrap) put it in a bowl of milk overnight in the 'fridge. Next morning, take it out and rinse it off. Mix up your favorite marinade throw it in that for the rest of the day. Dinner time, I use the grill to sear it on both sides, then into the oven at 400* until it is 165* inside. Take it out and serve right away. Good Eatin' !! MG

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    It's an old method, but hell, it works. Assuming that you have let the meat bleed out.
    Fry it.
    Cut ham, or back-strap into small 'tender' sized squares, if you can remember the steak fingers from DQ, then you get the picture of size and thickness. Be sure to trim off all sinew and fat from the outer perimeter of meat. Tender the meat with either seasoned meat tenderizer or

crack a few eggs in a large bowl, and whip the crap out of them until they're fluffy.

Put about 1/2 to 3/4 (depending on how much meat you cook) of flower in a deep tupperware container with a lid, as well, season the flower with black pepper, seasoned salt, a bit of rosemary and some cayenne pepper if you like a bite to youre meat.

Heat a large sauce-pan with about 2" deep of canola or vegetable oil (olive oil works but gives a funky flavor), until you can drop a drop of water in it and hear the oil pop and crackle.

Dabble the meat in the whipped eggs, rotating to get good egg coverage, then throw in the floured tupperware container.

Put the lid on the tupperware container and shake the heck out of it until all cuts of meat are well covered.

Then carefully place the meat in the oil and it will begin to fry. usually for 1/4 to 1/2 inch cuts, about 5-7 minutes per side works.

Serve over a bed of rice or with mashed red potatoes, corn and lots of gravy for a hearty man-o-meal.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin

Top Bottom