• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvmpiper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Terrell, Tx
    Do we have a comprehensive list of sites, manufacturers, etc that offer veteran discounts on guns and stuff? If not, let's start one here!

Doc
    Venture Surplus ad

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    MOST places with military discounts will also give vet discounts. Quantico Tactical in Killeen on Ft Hood st is the only store I have found that seems to not care if you're a vet unless you've retired.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Cavender's has a Vet discount. Just be sure to ask for it.

And I saw yesterday while I was checking ammo. stocks and prices that Freedom Munitions has a Vet or LEO discount.

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The Great State of Texas offers discounted license plates to disabled veterans, Parks & Wildlife offers no-cost Hunting/Fishing Licenses to disabled veterans, Lowe's offers G.I. discounts, as does Cabelas.

The S.A. Airport authority waives parking fees for veterans with DV plates, and scumbags from Mexico don't give a schnitt and will still steal your vehicle.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    That's not quite correct. Both HD and Lowes only officially gives Vet discounts on certain days, like Vets day and a few others. However, depending on the store, some will honor a Vet discount anytime, not wishing to alienate a Vet asking for the discount. Some stores not so much.

Lowe's and Home Depot Military and Veteran Discounts Explained | Guardian Of Valor

All three of my local Lowes gives the discount every time I go in. And I'm there a lot. They have the discount code right at each register. Show them your ID and bam.

Those would be Sherman, McKinney (both locations) and Greenville.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    All three of my local Lowes gives the discount every time I go in. And I'm there a lot. They have the discount code right at each register. Show them your ID and bam.

Those would be Sherman, McKinney (both locations) and Greenville.

Yes, I too have received the Vet discount at both HD and Lowes in my town. I've also been denied at times from both where they cited the official company policy. Like I said, it is not the official company policy, but many stores just give it so as not to piss off the vets. I don't bother asking anymore unless I'm making a purchase over a hundred bucks or so. If I get the discount great, if not I've come to understand and don't make a big deal out of it.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

okie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    joeboboutfitters out of Kansas gives 10% off of your order to LEO/Military/vet.

CJ7nvrstk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    The HD and Lowes in Frisco has given me the military discount every time. Auto zone and Oriellys also.

Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville has 1/2 off range fees Monday-Thursday.

the new Frisco Gun Club DOES NOT ​offer military discount on range fees. Looks like I will continue going to the Eagle Gun Range.

the Winchester gallery in Ft Worth does offer military discount.

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I noticed new register signs at Cabelas in Allen (Fairview?) informing of their 10% veteran discounts every day all year round and 20 - 40% on certain holidays.

I don't know if this is a new policy but the signs are new.

I did find multiple threads on other forums talking about Cabelas no longer offering discounts so these new signs may be a company reaction to those threads clarifying their policy.

Top Bottom