BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    Dailymotion - Mexican flags - a News & Politics video

Veteran Removes Illegal Mexican Flag, May Be Charged
    Reno resident cuts down Mexican flag flying above U.S. flag after outcry

A Veteran from Reno, Nev. has hit headlines after he took matters into his own hands yesterday and tore down a Mexican flag that was being illegally flown above a U.S. flag at a local business.

Local news station krnv News 4 had received calls yesterday afternoon from angry residents complaining about the Mexican flag. When the station sent a reporter to investigate the Veteran took the opportunity to make a statement in front of the cameras.

The man commented "I'm Jim Brossert and I took this flag down in honor of my country with a knife from the United States army. I'm a veteran, I am not going to see this done to my country. if they want to fight us, then they need to be men, and they need to come and fight us, but I want somebody to fight me for this flag. They're not going to get it back."

The hispanic store owner who witnessed the incident would not make comment on camera but told krnv over the phone that he was flying the flag as a mark of solidarity to the hispanic community. Pro-immigration protests have been ongoing in the area all weekend after raids were conducted by authorities in the area last week.

The store owner said he is an American citizen and did not know what he was doing was against the law. However, according to federal law it is illegal to fly any flag above the U.S. flag, and if flying more than one they must be on separate poles and be of an equal size.

The Reno police department has told krnv that Brossert will faces charges for theft if the store owner files a police report of what happened.

Similar incidents have previously been reported in Maywood, CA., Tucson, Arizona, and Jupiter, Florida.
    Guns International

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    The story is not new and I never heard if anything came out of it, I just thought it was a good story and still relevant with all the resent developments.

If anyone knows if the guy ever got into trouble I'd love to hear. Also they said he could be charged but would they ever charge the Mexican business owner for flying the flag wrong to begin with?

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Good for him, even if he did have to go to jail. The only thing I would have done different is leave the flag there on the ground to avoid the theft charge and just took the vandalism or destruction of persnal property.:patriot:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    the only flag

that iknow that can fly at same!!!!!!! not above height is the texas flag these people are
    simply stupid, GOD bless that man:patriot:

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Ya I would have left it on the ground and stomped all over it so no theft charges could apply. Maybe destruction of private property? Since he took it down with a knife.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    Ya I would have left it on the ground and stomped all over it so no theft charges could apply. Maybe destruction of private property? Since he took it down with a knife.

He left the Mexican flag on the ground and took the American flag that was hanging with it. Basically he stole the American flag. (if I understand you correctly)

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Dailymotion - Mexican flags - a News & Politics video

...The hispanic store owner who witnessed the incident would not make comment on camera but told krnv over the phone that he was flying the flag as a mark of solidarity to the hispanic community. Pro-immigration protests have been ongoing in the area all weekend after raids were conducted by authorities in the area last week...

A mark of SOLIDARITY??? AND he's an AMERICAN CITIZEN???

WTH???

Show SOLIDARITY to YOUR COUNTRY! If someone wants to come to this country, they are WELCOME! Come, learn the language, get a job, be productive, learn the culture. I'm not saying forget your roots, but this is NOT Mexico (yet).

I'd love to know if the man was charged, and if he was, why wasn't the store owner for a violation of Federal law?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    that iknow that can fly at same!!!!!!! not above height is the texas flag these people are
    simply stupid, GOD bless that man:patriot:

I have seen the Texas Flag legally flying above the US Flag, the US flag was on a pole on the ground and a Texas flag was being flown on top of a building. But there is a flag that can legally fly above the American flag but only on Sundays and aboard a naval vessel that is underway and that is the Christian flag.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    if i knew i was going to get destruction of property anyway, might was well have brough a bottle of bleach and finish the job.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    This story is probably more than a year old. I don't think the guy got sued but there was not much word about it other than this story.
    I agree with the Vet. And the rest can get out of our Country.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only other thing about this 2007 incident was the ACLU comment on the 3rd of October....

The ACLU has already chipped in their Leftist garbage saying just because the federal laws on the books are rarely enforced thus are mere symbolism, then the Mexican-America citizen was just fine in raising the Mexican flag above the American flag.

I don't think there were any charges brought against Brossart. I didn't see anything in my local newspaper, the Las Vegas Review-Urinal...er...Journal.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I googled "Jim Brossard" and went through about 10 pages and could find nowhere that said anything about him being charged. Guess the DA decided he couldn't win this one, too much support.

Top Bottom